+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of relationship to sponsor

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
hello all
I have a question with regards to 'proof of relationship to sponsor' in the checklist form IMM5533.
My spouse and I (the sponsor) live together but I am not able to prove it with the documents they asked since we live in the UAE and basically we don't get any mails .
So I have to submit a detailed explanation why. Can anyone help me with the this letter and what I need to say?!
Many thanks to all of you!!

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Even if you don't get mail, you should have a lease, some bills, insurance with your name and address. All those things count.
In case you can't fill all requirements just explain why you can't provide those documents, with legitimate reasons. And provide then with anything else that might help your case, for example, you might not have water bills but you might have some hospital bill with your name and address. Stuff like that.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Even if you don't get mail, you should have a lease, some bills, insurance with your name and address. All those things count.
In case you can't fill all requirements just explain why you can't provide those documents, with legitimate reasons. And provide then with anything else that might help your case, for example, you might not have water bills but you might have some hospital bill with your name and address. Stuff like that.
thx for the reply!
I have another question if you dont mind

how do you tackle the question about the sponsor (myself) not working in Canada. I do currently work abroad. They ask to provide documentation that I can support the person I'm sponsoring (my wife). They ask to provide the information on separate piece of paper.

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
thx for the reply!
I have another question if you dont mind

how do you tackle the question about the sponsor (myself) not working in Canada. I do currently work abroad. They ask to provide documentation that I can support the person I'm sponsoring (my wife). They ask to provide the information on separate piece of paper.
Working outside of Canada is not a problem, most outland applicants/sponsors are outside of Canada.
You just need to prove you have funds. You can send bank statements of your checking or savings account. The account must be in your, the sponsor, name or in both names. It can't be just in the applicants name.
There is no minimum required funds for spousal sponsorship.
Also, if you have a joint bank account, it can be used as proof of relationship.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Working outside of Canada is not a problem, most outland applicants/sponsors are outside of Canada.
You just need to prove you have funds. You can send bank statements of your checking or savings account. The account must be in your, the sponsor, name or in both names. It can't be just in the applicants name.
There is no minimum required funds for spousal sponsorship.
Also, if you have a joint bank account, it can be used as proof of relationship.
thx for the reply Alexn,,,
a final question on this topic if you can help me out...

what do they mean by 'separate piece of paper'?
does one have to written by myself (sponsor) and another by the applicant (my wife)?

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
thx for the reply Alexn,,,
a final question on this topic if you can help me out...

what do they mean by 'separate piece of paper'?
does one have to written by myself (sponsor) and another by the applicant (my wife)?
It just means there is no space to explain in the application form, so you have to use a blank page to write the explanation. Just make sure you write the form number and question number in that separate page. Every time you need to add extra information that doesn't fit in the form you need to do it in a separate paper. Me and my sponsor also signed all extra pages we sent.