+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds

RAG

Aug 9, 2011
Dear Friends,

I have decided to apply for study permit.(i would like to remain in canada until i know the status of my PR)
For last 10 months i am on PGWP and i was earning.

Is it ok if i tell myself for the proof of funds and mention that i have earned the money on PGWP. And also some of the funds are transferred from my brother from U.S..do i need to mention that?

what are the proof of documents that i need to show..can i select self and relative?

please let me know..

Thank you so much.

RAG

Aug 9, 2011
please share your experiences about showing proof of funds for study permit. i really appreciate your help.
i have total amount in my account in canada for 1 st year study..will that be sufficient..or do i need to show proofs where it came from?

abhi14191

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
RAG said:
please share your experiences about showing proof of funds for study permit. i really appreciate your help.
i have total amount in my account in canada for 1 st year study..will that be sufficient..or do i need to show proofs where it came from?

Hey,

You need to show the first year's available funds (one year's tuition fee + CAD 8,000 living)
Also you should show a proof of income/savings that could clarify that you have money for the future years of your of your stay in Canada.

of course your immediate relatives (parents & siblings) can sponsor you.
Their income and savings can add up to your available funds. You can definitely show self funds too.

Who ever is sponsoring you (relative or self) you need just 2 documents
1) ITR copies of the last 3 years.
2) Bank account statement for the last 4 months.

(Make sure that the final amount in the bank statement has been there for at least 4 months)

also try to take up an education loan

Good luck!

persia5

Star Member
Dec 27, 2010
hello
im going to apply for canadian study visa and my brother is going to sponsor me
but he lives in france and i live in algeria
don't you think that will reduce my chance of getting the visa ?
helpppp

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
persia5 said:
hello
im going to apply for canadian study visa and my brother is going to sponsor me
but he lives in france and i live in algeria
don't you think that will reduce my chance of getting the visa ?
helpppp

Hi,

You can apply with one sponsorship letter/declaration which should be as follow:

Reference letter from the individual(s) providing you financial assistance for your program. The letter must indicate their occupation and relationship to you, the number of dependents they have and their full contact details. You should also provide a letter from the employer of the individual(s) providing you financial assistance for your program, clearly indicating employer contact details and full street address of business location.

In case your sponsor lives in foreign country thn it’s better to have at least CAD 10,000 as a living expenses for one year in your /Parents account. It’s better to restrict your sponsorship to the tuition fee alone.

EBERE

Jan 21, 2012
I have a personal concern.I have my personal fund which will be able to take care of my fees and personal upkeep.

The challenge is that the fund is tied to equipment i bought to resell in order to make more money.By the grace of God i should be able to dispose before 2nd week of february.Which will be two week short of 4months.

Please advice me.

JackB

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello very useful information

And for example if i want to finance my studies as well the accommodation fees only with a education loan , it can be possible , anyone can sponsor me so im planning to get a 4k loan and study for two years.