London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All>
Could anybody please expalin the maintenance of funds and proof of fund regarding FSW category.i.e for how long and how much i have to show in my bank account here in uk before i send my application to CIO????
Or if some one can just paste this specific link from cic site that will be of great help

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
They do not require POF for a specific period but they require a minimum amount for each member of the family.
But to make your Bank Statement or POF more helpful and attractive try to provide the statement without any item or entry in it which shows that you have maintained this statement only for Canadian visa purposes.
Provide a current statement with the savings of at least the required amount or a saving account statement with the required balance.
Hope it helps.
Thanks
Wicky

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011 Received by CIO: 13-04-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application (Overall 7.0)
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
does it mean I can spend the money in my account after I sent the reference letters and the saving evidence ??

Will I need the money back in the account when I am about to make the landing with the PR on the Passport?
This is what I understood after reading the manual OP-6, but I would appreciate your help.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
betterfuture said:
does it mean I can spend the money in my account after I sent the reference letters and the saving evidence ??

Will I need the money back in the account when I am about to make the landing with the PR on the Passport?
This is what I understood after reading the manual OP-6, but I would appreciate your help.
Let's put things in perspective. POF is a criteria for eligibility. It's required once the app is submitted, only. However, since some people used to borrow money to cover this, CIC sometimes requesst applicants to submit POF on various stages of the application, usually at medicals and visa issuance, not to mention that POF is required also on landing.

Though CIC is concerned about the amount rather than the duration of how long the money has been available, however if you can save the POF in a bank account to the entirety of the application process then this is a saver, otherwise you can use them in and out and provide evidences that you have the POF once requested later in the process.

Cheers

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011 Received by CIO: 13-04-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application (Overall 7.0)
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
Mezo2009 said:
Let's put things in perspective. POF is a criteria for eligibility. It's required once the app is submitted, only. However, since some people used to borrow money to cover this, CIC sometimes requesst applicants to submit POF on various stages of the application, usually at medicals and visa issuance, not to mention that POF is required also on landing.

Though CIC is concerned about the amount rather than the duration of how long the money has been available, however if you can save the POF in a bank account to the entirety of the application process then this is a saver, otherwise you can use them in and out and provide evidences that you have the POF once requested later in the process.

Cheers
Thank you for your answer!

I am planning to spend a little amount of my savings because I need to buy something using U.S currency, and in case they asked me again the POF I can make a deposit to level up the account in order to show I've got the money.

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
Open a savings account with your bank where you get your Salary...every forthnight transfer some one funds to the savings account....it will take couple of months for CIC to request your updated funds...then you can show the proof of transfer in/out of the account....

betterfuture said:
Thank you for your answer!

I am planning to spend a little amount of my savings because I need to buy something using U.S currency, and in case they asked me again the POF I can make a deposit to level up the account in order to show I've got the money.

satnak

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
- CIO...: Aug 2010 NDVO...:Jan 2011
Med's Done....
April 01, 2013 MR Line....: April 14, 2013
Hi,

I have my FD renew date approaching April end. What should I do - should I renew it for a further 3/6 month period and inform VO ND or my husband wants to use some amount in his business, can we do this and if at all VO asks for fresh POF, we can then send the required amount in the form of FD. as my husband is using some amount which was in our saving account and we used it as part POF.

plz advice.

Thx

Satnam

CanadaHome

Star Member
Jan 4, 2011
Buffalo NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sent
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
YES , Buffalo NY
Med's Request
yes July 14 , 2011 - Done
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
YES sent : sept 2011 (total 15months journey) PP Rcvd back on Nov/30/2011
VISA ISSUED...
YES DM MSG on Nov-28-2011: got USPS post easly morning Nov/30/2011.
LANDED..........
Plan for March 2012
I have question too, I submitted USD$28k statement of my Bank of ameirca for 3 applicant (ME , spouse, Child), now I have only USD$17050 , so I guess it will ok and when I will got PR visa I will sure reach again near to 30k USD. so it is ok if less money near about 17k to 15k in bank? I dont know VO will make inqiry or not with my bank.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
owais1214 said:
Hi All>
Could anybody please expalin the maintenance of funds and proof of fund regarding FSW category.i.e for how long and how much i have to show in my bank account here in uk before i send my application to CIO????
Or if some one can just paste this specific link from cic site that will be of great help
You need to convince the immigration officer that the money is yours, and that you are not just borrowing it from someone for immigration purposes (that is not allowed).

Usually at least 3 months statements are required - 6 months is better. If the immigration officer is unsatifisfied they will probably ask you for additional statements.

Wayne.

romail

Feb 12, 2012
Hi members,

I am a Physio. want to apply for FSW category.

My questions is along with a UK bank account, I got a saving account in Pakistan as well, currently active. May I use both of these accounts as a proof of funds.

sholibi2001

Feb 3, 2012
Hello everyone.My application was returned just cos i did not
sign on one particular for.Am hoping to send it next week,do i still put the old
bank statement???