+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

Mahmoudgh

Sep 9, 2019
Jordan
Category........
Hi all, i wanna enquire about proof of funds for study permit in Canada.

I have two choises:

1. A letter from my old brother. He has more than i need in his account, and bank statements for more than a year.

2. He can transfer that money to my account then i have to wait 4 months to get 4 month statements.

My question is
-- for this case ,what is the better way to show financial ability?

_ i have heard that bank account statements boost my chances of getting study visa more that a sponser, is that true?

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Hi all, i wanna enquire about proof of funds for study permit in Canada.

I have two choises:

1. A letter from my old brother. He has more than i need in his account, and bank statements for more than a year.

2. He can transfer that money to my account then i have to wait 4 months to get 4 month statements.

My question is
-- for this case ,what is the better way to show financial ability?

_ i have heard that bank account statements boost my chances of getting study visa more that a sponser, is that true?
There is no need for you to transfer the funds to your account. Just let him be your sponsor. Along with his bank statements, you need to show his proof of income, tax returns, and other supporting documents.

Reactions: Mahmoudgh

Mahmoudgh

Sep 9, 2019
Jordan
Category........
There is no need for you to transfer the funds to your account. Just let him be your sponsor. Along with his bank statements, you need to show his proof of income, tax returns, and other supporting documents.
Some pple say your case would be stronger if you provide your account instead of sponsorship?

hatakekakashi

Nov 25, 2019
How will you prove where you got all this money from?
you don't have to prove, they just need a proof that you can support yourself there so this is not a problem, the only problem i face is that i created my bank account a month ago that is all and i am planning to apply for the permit this month.

hatakekakashi

Nov 25, 2019
Yeah got you. Another question please, is it ok to be sponsored by my brother when my father is alive? and we all love outside Canada
anyone can sponsor you it is not a problem you just need a prof that this person is going to support you financially using their bank account.

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
you don't have to prove, they just need a proof that you can support yourself there so this is not a problem, the only problem i face is that i created my bank account a month ago that is all and i am planning to apply for the permit this month.
You do, actually. You have to attach all supporting documents.

hatakekakashi

Nov 25, 2019
only the bank requires a proof so you can deposit money, and you can create an account and transfer the money from another account as he is your brother/father etc. but i dont think that the officer needs to know where you got the money from, they just check if you have enough money to support yourself, so having a bank account that holds enough money for the desired stay would be sufficient.

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
only the bank requires a proof so you can deposit money, and you can create an account and transfer the money from another account as he is your brother/father etc. but i dont think that the officer needs to know where you got the money from, they just check if you have enough money to support yourself, so having a bank account that holds enough money for the desired stay would be sufficient.
Theoretically, yes. However, it's not easy to obtain a Canadian study permit. You need to attach as many documents as you can unless you are applying under SDS.

Reactions: hatakekakashi

hatakekakashi

Nov 25, 2019
i will state my problem for you, my father is retired now but we saved a goo amount of money in the bank, so for now he has no annual income yet his bank account holds more than enough money for me to study abroad and even for the family to live a very good life, so the option of sponsorship is limited as i cannot show his annual income, that is why he told me that he would transfer the money to my account or just state that he would use his bank account to support me, we are going for the first option because as i told you he is retired and doesn't have annual income.