+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

Shetur Shah

Nov 13, 2017
Hello everyone, I got the ITA on 24th Jan. Now my issue is that I opened my own bank account in November 2017 as earlier I had a joint account with my father (which is not considered valid for immigration). So I obviously don’t have last 6 months account statement to show. However I have more than their minimum requirements ( through gift deeds from my father and brother). So will this recent bank account create any problems?
Your suggestions would be extremely valuable to me.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
It will not be an issue as long as you upload the prof of fund letter along with the gift deed(s). Good Luck!

Shetur Shah

Nov 13, 2017
It will not be an issue as long as you upload the prof of fund letter along with the gift deed(s). Good Luck!
Thank you for your reply. Yes I will upload all that. But while opening this new account, I transferred my two years worth savings to this new Acc by a cheque. That’s fine right?

gihank

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Thank you for your reply. Yes I will upload all that. But while opening this new account, I transferred my two years worth savings to this new Acc by a cheque. That’s fine right?
show that transaction details also (cheque number) so that the source of funds is clear and state that

Shetur Shah

Nov 13, 2017
show that transaction details also (cheque number) so that the source of funds is clear and state that
Ok thank you. That cheque number will be reflected in the account statement. Will I need any additional documents? Because I was already considering switching banks (there are many problems with that bank), so I kept bare minimum amount in that joint account, and transferred the rest ( which is my 3 years salary and other festivals gifts and such) to this new account as it’s opening balance. So I don’t know what documents should I get for that.

gihank

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Ok thank you. That cheque number will be reflected in the account statement. Will I need any additional documents? Because I was already considering switching banks (there are many problems with that bank), so I kept bare minimum amount in that joint account, and transferred the rest ( which is my 3 years salary and other festivals gifts and such) to this new account as it’s opening balance. So I don’t know what documents should I get for that.
No need of additional docs afaik, but write in the letter of explanation saying that the transaction details along with cheque details

Shetur Shah

Nov 13, 2017
Ok
No need of additional docs afaik, but write in the letter of explanation saying that the transaction details along with cheque details
Ok thank you so much! Your help is very much appreciated. I don’t have a photocopy of that cheque. Will that be fine?

gihank

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Ok

Ok thank you so much! Your help is very much appreciated. I don’t have a photocopy of that cheque. Will that be fine?
I dont think that will be a major issue, but please bare in mind that the more information you can provide, more the chance the officer will be convinced.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
IRCC requires funds to be available from the date of application (AOR) till you are given CoPR. If any funds are transferred then you can just submit a Gift Deed along with an Affidavit written on a piece of paper duly signed by your father stating that this funds can be used by you without any limitations and he has no objection to it. In addition, submit joint account statement and the amount matching outgoing of this account with incoming of your new account. This will be sufficient enough on its own.

You can also explain this fact in LOE and this will be fine. If IRCC needs further details they will contact you and this is when you can submit other supporting documents such as a cheque. Don't complicate your case and just provide details that are asked for. You will be fine.

I hope this will help.

Shetur Shah

Nov 13, 2017
IRCC requires funds to be available from the date of application (AOR) till you are given CoPR. If any funds are transferred then you can just submit a Gift Deed along with an Affidavit written on a piece of paper duly signed by your father stating that this funds can be used by you without any limitations and he has no objection to it. In addition, submit joint account statement and the amount matching outgoing of this account with incoming of your new account. This will be sufficient enough on its own.

You can also explain this fact in LOE and this will be fine. If IRCC needs further details they will contact you and this is when you can submit other supporting documents such as a cheque. Don't complicate your case and just provide details that are asked for. You will be fine.

I hope this will help.
Ok the gift deeds and affidavits are ready. I was just concerned about that amount transferred from the joint account to my sole account. You made it very clear. Thank you so much, I will attach the joint account statement as well. I hope it will be enough, because I don’t have a photocopy of that cheque, I just have the cheque number.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Ok the gift deeds and affidavits are ready. I was just concerned about that amount transferred from the joint account to my sole account. You made it very clear. Thank you so much, I will attach the joint account statement as well. I hope it will be enough, because I don’t have a photocopy of that cheque, I just have the cheque number.
IRCC don't need cheques anyways.