+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds, when is it required?

EmmaShazma83

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

new here and trying to understand more about the process. Right now in the midst of taking IELTS and getting an ECA.

I have a question about the proof of funds, is it asked for during the online profile registration, or after the ITA is issued? I ask this because based on the other factors of my profile, I will only get a personal reference code from the questionnaire if I select the $12,164 as the amount of money I will be bringing.

So if the proof of funds is asked for during the online profile registration, that would mean I would need to show proof of that amount even before I can enter the pool? But if the proof of funds is asked for after ITA, then I can register and enter the pool first and have a chance at finding a job (which as I understand it would make the requirement for proof of funds unnecessary).

In my situation, I will have the required funds, but probably need up until September 2017 to have it saved up. So my question is, do I need to wait until then to be able to register the online profile and get in the pool, or can I do that now (after I get my IELTS and ECA)? Also, in the event I get an ITA without a job offer before September 2017, is it possible for me to defer the ITA until I have the requisite funds?

Thank you.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
EmmaShazma83 said:
Hi everyone,

new here and trying to understand more about the process. Right now in the midst of taking IELTS and getting an ECA.

I have a question about the proof of funds, is it asked for during the online profile registration, or after the ITA is issued? I ask this because based on the other factors of my profile, I will only get a personal reference code from the questionnaire if I select the $12,164 as the amount of money I will be bringing.

So if the proof of funds is asked for during the online profile registration, that would mean I would need to show proof of that amount even before I can enter the pool? But if the proof of funds is asked for after ITA, then I can register and enter the pool first and have a chance at finding a job (which as I understand it would make the requirement for proof of funds unnecessary).

In my situation, I will have the required funds, but probably need up until September 2017 to have it saved up. So my question is, do I need to wait until then to be able to register the online profile and get in the pool, or can I do that now (after I get my IELTS and ECA)? Also, in the event I get an ITA without a job offer before September 2017, is it possible for me to defer the ITA until I have the requisite funds?

Thank you.
Proof of funds will have to submitted post ITA not during profile creation. Post PR approval, during landing you could be asked to show funds or proof of funds.

Nov 24, 2016
Stanlee said:
Proof of funds will have to submitted post ITA not during profile creation. Post PR approval, during landing you could be asked to show funds or proof of funds.
Can PPF (Public Provident Fund) be used to show as Proof of Funds ?

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Stanlee said:
Is an official letter from a Canadian Bank stating the amount of funds that I have enough for PoF? Or do I need to include 6 of the last bank statements, if yes, do these need to be signed or/and stamped as well?

Has anyone got through with a signed+stamped official letter from bank, WITH bank statements (which were not signed nor stamped) from the previous 6 months ?

I am asking because I could only acquire the official letter from my Canadian Bank, I wouldn't be able to get my statements signed or/and stamped as I am not in Canada.

Please Advise

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
comingtocanadahar said:
Can PPF (Public Provident Fund) be used to show as Proof of Funds ?
No, as you can not withdraw them as and when required.