+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds!!!The best choice?

LeoNYC

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Can I just send the an original letter from my bank stating how much I have in funds or would they prefer a bank statement?

Thank you.

spring2009

Star Member
Mar 19, 2009
I also have the same question as the OP's.
If the bank letter states that I had had only a few thousands in my account in the previous months and let's say $25,000 this month. Is that ok?
By the way, If I am going to send the application to Buffalo, can I prove of funds in US dollars?

LeoNYC

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
How do I get the letter to show funds from 3 to 6 month without showing withdrwals and deposits?

Thank you.

ahmedj83

Aug 20, 2008
Hi,

i assume that the bank statement should show the withdrawals and the deposits patterns as this will be good evidence to the visa officer that you are really saving money.......

i say this because anyone can borrow and deposit a huge amount from friends in one day and get the letter from the bank the next day...... ......

hope this helps.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
no need for withdrawal and deposits. What if you had the same amount for the last 6 statements. It will still mean you didn't borrow the money (or at least it reduces the chance you did).

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Gentleman,

No need of showing deposits and withdrawals, just show what you have and what you had for the last 6/3 months. If you had $1000 only for the past 6 months and all of a sudden you have $50,000 than you need to do some explaining or at least show where you have transferred the money from, this is not required but to be on the safe side.

zaidkhalid

Oct 29, 2008
I think a letter from the manager of the bank would be enough, that is what stated in Appendix A of London office no Bank Statement mentioned.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check your visa office specific informations too, not only general cic. In my case, my visa office requested .....

SETTLEMENT FUNDS:

The following documents will be requested ONLY once your application is approved in principle. Yu dont have to submit them at above date. We strongly recommended that you dont sale or liquidate any asset antill you have been informed that your application has been approved.

Proof of funds that represent liquid asset that are transferable/available as settlement funds. Proof must constitute banking or saving history showing account activity of most recent 12 month period, and aslo must include Proof of Source of any deposite great then equivalent of CAD$ 1,000.If proof of funds other then banking or saving history submitted, proof of source must also be submitted. Please note that sales deeds and property assessments are not acceptable as proof of liquid assets. Furthermore, bank statemnets or letters are not acceptable if they not show any history of funds. Failure to submit satisfactory proof of funds, including proof of source,may lead the refusal of your application on the grounds that you may unwilling or unable to support yourself and your dependents on arrival in Canada.

Accourding above statement, i even need to show proofs of deposites too, where from i got money for deposite in account. :(

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
make sure the above statement (if found on embassy website) is not outdated. I saw couple of things that were outdated on the buffalo website when i applied.

The settlement funds according to the visa office specs from appendix A might say something different from the embassy website.
Appendix A says to send proof now. Whereas the statement above says to send it later. It is kind of confusing. I would go with appendix A.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
maharouf, what visa office r u

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont know here Rupeshhari, what we must follow, CIC main instructions or Visa office specific instructions? They visa office and CIC have very big defference between requierements. Just in my case, as you saw above proof of funds, same for work experience, they requested me only refference letter and nothing more, while following CIC and many other visa offices i red on forum, letter should contain some specific format, informations etc and include signing body cards etc. Really confuse..

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
well, best to go for whatever is harder or contains more information. You cant go wrong with that.

LeoNYC

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
ow should the letter format be if I do not want to show withdrawals and deposits? Should I request the manager to write a letter stating how much I had at the end of each month? The thing is I only opened this account in November 2008. I had the money in a safe deposit box and I decided to deposit slowly. I had something like $ 3,000 in November, $6.300 in December $7,800 in November and I will have $ 14,900 in March. How should the letter look like?
Thanks.