+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds (PNP/CEC)

Limmigrant

Sep 25, 2023
Good morning, I was in this situation too. I called 2 different agents at IRCC. Te first one didn’t seem so knowledgeable and said if I was asked, I should provide documentation. The second agent also wasn’t knowledgeable but did conduct a thorough research to know exactly what to do in this situation. The second agent told me after the research that I do not need to provide documentation and I should include a letter explaining I am eligible. So I did, I included the letter and submitted my PR application 3 weeks ago. So far no issues have come up. The latest update is me passing my medicals.
any updates? did you get your PR yet?

abzil

Sep 28, 2023
Hello guys I will really appreciate any satisfying answer for my question.

My case is different. I am outside Canada. I applied PNP and got approved and currently I am in PR stage. I completed my medicals and Biometrics. Now i am waiting decision made.

My concern is this. In my PNP and PR applications I indicated that I have the required funds (debt free) for my case.

My questions
What am I supposed to do with this money when I come to canada?
When am I supposed to transfer this funds to my account in Canada?
What type of method is used to transfer the funds to Canada?

Thanks

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Good morning, I was in this situation too. I called 2 different agents at IRCC. Te first one didn’t seem so knowledgeable and said if I was asked, I should provide documentation. The second agent also wasn’t knowledgeable but did conduct a thorough research to know exactly what to do in this situation. The second agent told me after the research that I do not need to provide documentation and I should include a letter explaining I am eligible. So I did, I included the letter and submitted my PR application 3 weeks ago. So far no issues have come up. The latest update is me passing my medicals.
Thanks

fbkamal

Jan 4, 2024
Hi all,

I am in the same boat. Was eligible for CEC but did not have enough scores and got Alberta PNP.

Received ITA yesterday under PNP.

When I was creating an EE profile I mentioned I would bring 4k.

Now for those who were on the same boat can you please suggest based on your experience?

fbkamal

Jan 4, 2024
Hello I am qualified for CEC under Express entry profile, However my scores are not high, and I was invited by Alberta PNP, I Accepted PNP received 600points through which I received ITA and applied for my PR I Also received my AOR. Based on you answer I understand we don't have to show POF could you please confirm the same..? Note: I did not show any POF.
Do you have any update and faced any issues?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Hi all,

I am in the same boat. Was eligible for CEC but did not have enough scores and got Alberta PNP.

Received ITA yesterday under PNP.

When I was creating an EE profile I mentioned I would bring 4k.

Now for those who were on the same boat can you please suggest based on your experience?
Some people have just filled 0 if they are eligible for CEC and have received ITA. Some have (like me) have filled the funds equal to or slightly higher than whats the minimum requirement and even then , I received my ITA (and approval later on)

fbkamal

Jan 4, 2024
Some people have just filled 0 if they are eligible for CEC and have received ITA. Some have (like me) have filled the funds equal to or slightly higher than whats the minimum requirement and even then , I received my ITA (and approval later on)
I have mentioned 4k before ITA so should i only show that amount? Or for two family members, i need to show 18k+

fbkamal

Jan 4, 2024
Hi, how did you explain and what all supporting document you provided?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
I have mentioned 4k before ITA so should i only show that amount? Or for two family members, i need to show 18k+
Hey you can just attach your salary statements. Thats what i did to show it, although it wasn't needed. Last 3 months pay stubs are enough. I am talking about inland CEC eligible applicants who have received PNP.

fbkamal

Jan 4, 2024
Hey you can just attach your salary statements. Thats what i did to show it, although it wasn't needed. Last 3 months pay stubs are enough. I am talking about inland CEC eligible applicants who have received PNP.
Thanks for your response and for helping me to clear my thoughts.
Yes, I was eligible for the CEC stream but got the ITA under PNP. This is all I understood from our converation:
  1. So you have stated in your application that you are bringing "X" amount and as proof of fund showed your paycheques/salary statements.
  2. May I please know have you additionally showed any moneyin the bank and provided any Letter of Explanation (LOE) ?
    • If you provided a LOE can you please share a bit detail about it?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Thanks for your response and for helping me to clear my thoughts.
Yes, I was eligible for the CEC stream but got the ITA under PNP. This is all I understood from our converation:
  1. So you have stated in your application that you are bringing "X" amount and as proof of fund showed your paycheques/salary statements.
  2. May I please know have you additionally showed any moneyin the bank and provided any Letter of Explanation (LOE) ?
    • If you provided a LOE can you please share a bit detail about it?
i did not show anything additionally. also in my loe i said that :

Subject: Proof of Means of Financial Support
Hi,
I am writing in response to the requirement for providing proof of means of financial support for my
application for permanent residence in Canada. I want to bring to your attention that I also meet the
requirements of the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program, which exempts me from the need to
provide proof of funds.
However, if my PNP application is assessed under any other federal programs that have specific
eligibility requirements, I would like to submit additional information for your consideration. I have
attached my job offer letter indicating an initial annual salary of xxxx CAD, along with my latest available T4 form from 2022.
Furthermore, I have included my 6 most recent paystubs spanning last 3 months.
My total funds, thus, amount to xxxx CAD annually, surpassing the minimum POF requirements for
2024 for me as an individual applicant.
I trust that this explanation and the accompanying documents adequately address the necessary
information regarding my proof of means of financial support. Feel free to email me or contact me if
you have any questions.
Thank you,
xxxx

HelenBarnesz

May 15, 2024
Hello. I googled 100times but still can’t find my answer. I hope somebody here helps me out!

My EE profile is eligible for Canadian Experience Class. However, i didn’t have enough score to get ITA, so I applied for Provincial Nominee Program and I have been invited under Provincial Nominee Program.
In this case, do I need to show my proof of funds? CIC says you don’t have to show proof of funds under CEC, but doesn’t say about PNP.
Nox Vidmate VLC
Thank you in advance!
If you don't have eligibility for EE profile you can't create a profile so where will you get 600 points.
And logic behind POF not applicable for CEC class is that they already have means to sustain in Canada i.e the job.

Last edited:

fbkamal

Jan 4, 2024
i did not show anything additionally. also in my loe i said that :

Subject: Proof of Means of Financial Support
Hi,
I am writing in response to the requirement for providing proof of means of financial support for my
application for permanent residence in Canada. I want to bring to your attention that I also meet the
requirements of the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program, which exempts me from the need to
provide proof of funds.
However, if my PNP application is assessed under any other federal programs that have specific
eligibility requirements, I would like to submit additional information for your consideration. I have
attached my job offer letter indicating an initial annual salary of xxxx CAD, along with my latest available T4 form from 2022.
Furthermore, I have included my 6 most recent paystubs spanning last 3 months.
My total funds, thus, amount to xxxx CAD annually, surpassing the minimum POF requirements for
2024 for me as an individual applicant.
I trust that this explanation and the accompanying documents adequately address the necessary
information regarding my proof of means of financial support. Feel free to email me or contact me if
you have any questions.
Thank you,
xxxx
Thanks for sharing this