+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - less than required - not eligible?

asdfg942

Aug 22, 2013
Hi..I have funds of about 15K CAD for two persons (myself & my wife). The required amount for two persons is CAD$14,853.

My CRS score is 441 and I have met the criteria for FSW. As we expect the scores to drop in the next two draws, the chances that I get ITA seems good.

If I reduce the funds availability lesser than the required amount (say about CAD 10k), will I become ineligible for ITA?

sidchowdray

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
sidchowdray said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes anything below the required funds will make you ineligible. Also, once you get an ITA you have to upload proof that you actually have this amount.

gc_007

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
If I qualify for both CEC and FSW, and declare funds lower than required then will I be automatically be picked up for CEC d not FSW since minimum funfd not required for CEC?

gujar

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
gc_007 said:
If I qualify for both CEC and FSW, and declare funds lower than required then will I be automatically be picked up for CEC d not FSW since minimum funfd not required for CEC?
I have ITA in cec . I mention 12000 in POF . I have valid work permit with lmo . Do i need to show that ?? What i will upload in POF . I dont have that money to show .

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gujar said:
I have ITA in cec . I mention 12000 in POF . I have valid work permit with lmo . Do i need to show that ?? What i will upload in POF . I dont have that money to show .
Yes, that's right. I had initially shown around 15000 (for single) and qualifies for both FSW and CEC. I didn't want to go through FSW, and reduced it to 2000. After that I became ineligible for FSW. I finally got my ITA under CEC.

gujar

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
april2014_AINP said:
Yes, that's right. I had initially shown around 15000 (for single) and qualifies for both FSW and CEC. I didn't want to go through FSW, and reduced it to 2000. After that I became ineligible for FSW. I finally got my ITA under CEC.
Now what document you will upload in POF window

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gujar said:
Now what document you will upload in POF window
A financial letter from the bank stating all my account details (name, date account was opened, good standing or not; this document is easily made by any Canadian Bank, if you ask them for a financial details letter for PR application) and last 6 months bank statements stamped by bank. I am also showing my last 6 months credit card history (although, it's not linked to my bank, and technically I need not even show it).

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
april2014_AINP said:
A financial letter from the bank stating all my account details (name, date account was opened, good standing or not; this document is easily made by any Canadian Bank, if you ask them for a financial details letter for PR application) and last 6 months bank statements stamped by bank. I am also showing my last 6 months credit card history (although, it's not linked to my bank, and technically I need not even show it).
Does it include 6 months transactions?

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MedZed said:
Does it include 6 months transactions?
That's what I got. But you can also request the bank to draft another statement history letter where they will mention the opening and closing balances of all your accounts as well as any major transaction (> 2000CAD) for the past 6 months. One of my friends did this, and he didn't have to provide anything else.

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
april2014_AINP said:
That's what I got. But you can also request the bank to draft another statement history letter where they will mention the opening and closing balances of all your accounts as well as any major transaction (> 2000CAD) for the past 6 months. One of my friends did this, and he didn't have to provide anything else.
Did they accept?

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
april2014_AINP said:
If you in Canada I would avoid sharing personal information like 6 month bank statements.
Only current account balance print out and letter of explanation.
If CIC need they will verify that information via bank.

Again rules not separate those who is Canada and those who is not.
2 of 4 my banks even don't have real bank facility to meet people.
PC and Tangerine.