+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - less than required - not eligible?

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nick.rwth said:
If you in Canada I would avoid sharing personal information like 6 month bank statements.
Only current account balance print out and letter of explanation.
If CIC need they will verify that information via bank.

Again rules not separate those who is Canada and those who is not.
2 of 4 my banks even don't have real bank facility to meet people.
PC and Tangerine.
Ya. They sort of club the entire FSW and CEC POF info part together leading to a lot of confusion. For Canadian banks they can easily check whatever they want later directly with the bank. And they are not very stringent in the checking if you already have a job. Most of my friends had applied through older systems (CEC) and got PR; they submitted very basic financial letters with just the current account balance.

gc_007

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
april2014_AINP said:
Yes, that's right. I had initially shown around 15000 (for single) and qualifies for both FSW and CEC. I didn't want to go through FSW, and reduced it to 2000. After that I became ineligible for FSW. I finally got my ITA under CEC.
Why did u not want the FSW ....what is the difference apart from Proof of funds?

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gc_007 said:
Why did u not want the FSW ....what is the difference apart from Proof of funds?
They scrutinize the POF thing like hell! Although I currently have the required POF in my account, I was not sure whether I will be able to keep it till the whole process is done. And my job here is LMIA exempt, so, not very sure whether they would consider it for the POF exception case.

It says:

"You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada." (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp)

And the valid offer of arranged employment link says:

"In other words, your job offer is valid, whether you are working in Canada or not, if your current or prospective employer:

has made an offer to give you a full-time, permanent, non-seasonal job if you are accepted as a permanent resident, and
has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from ESDC." (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp)

This means only those people don't have to show POF (CEC or FSW), who have a FT, permanent, non-season LMIA-approved, skilled job.