+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds for Landing

ramswaroop

Oct 14, 2017
hi friends. I am going to land at toronto in december 2017. I had icici bank FD which I showed to CIC for funds and my PR got approved. Now my FD got matured and I got the amount in my bank account. Can anyone please help me how can i show the funds to immigration officer at airport?

I would appreciate your help. thanks in advance.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
hi friends. I am going to land at toronto in december 2017. I had icici bank FD which I showed to CIC for funds and my PR got approved. Now my FD got matured and I got the amount in my bank account. Can anyone please help me how can i show the funds to immigration officer at airport?

Hi there,
I landed week ago , they asked only question that was regarding money , how much money we are carrying with us, I said the amount we have. In fact that amount was eight thousand less than the required amount . Officer said he don't want me to show money. And didn't asked about that 8k money.

I must says, the whole pr process at airport was very fast, easy and simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: ramswaroop

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
It's hit or miss if you're asked to show PoF, but it seems the trend is that they don't put much weight into it. I too was asked how much money I had, but never asked for verification. That being said, carry your bank statements (or be able to log into your account on your phone) that you can show if asked.

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17

They will only ask you how much cash you are carrying. If its less then 10k you will be fine. And they didn't ask for any pofs.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
It's hit or miss if you're asked to show PoF, but it seems the trend is that they don't put much weight into it. I too was asked how much money I had, but never asked for verification. That being said, carry your bank statements (or be able to log into your account on your phone) that you can show if asked.
Great advice mgnlky, carry latest bank statements is beneficial. We also carried our bank statements with us, so that we can justify the 8k amount we are short of.

ramswaroop

Oct 14, 2017
Hi there,
I landed week ago , they asked only question that was regarding money , how much money we are carrying with us, I said the amount we have. In fact that amount was eight thousand less than the required amount . Officer said he don't want me to show money. And didn't asked about that 8k money.

I must says, the whole pr process at airport was very fast, easy and simple.
thanks @techLover for sharing your experience and providing inputs. I am now planning to carry my 1 year bank statement in case they ask me to show.

ramswaroop

Oct 14, 2017
thanks @mgnlky for sharing your experience and providing inputs. Yes i am now planning to carry 1 year bank statement along with document from bank that I don't have any debt or loan to pay.

Renjish

Feb 5, 2018
Do they really check the prrof of funds at immigtaion or is it ok to show the fixed depost statement?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Do they really check the prrof of funds at immigtaion or is it ok to show the fixed depost statement?
They'll likely only ask you how much money you have with you, and how much you have available to you. Odds are they won't ask for proof.