Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

Adolescent

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Hello All
I will receive CAD 13,846 from my father soon as a gift and I have only one salary a/c which is savings in nature. I use the a/c frequently, therefore there are lot of transactions in every month although they do not cross CAD 500 (adding all the monthly transactions). My concern is that should I put the money which I'll get from my father in my salary a/c or should I open a Fixed Deposit a/c with the same bank?
I'm pretty much sure that I can maintain the minimum fund requirement (CAD 12,475) at all times.
Please advise.

scott.harry

May 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm about to submit everything and just got last minute anxiety.

For POF, I sent for translation my 6 months statements, these I downloaded from my account online. It is a "certified copy" and it's exactly the same as the one they would mail to my house.

My question is: I just read today that many people send the bank statements stamped from the bank, is this a requirement?

Please help!!

anandekraj

Jun 6, 2018
Hi all I need you help.
I am primary applicant And accompanying with wife I have 50% of fund with me And my wife she got 50% money from there parents.... So in this case I will be showing my bank letter And wife bank letter also.... So do I have to justify the transaction in my wife account also like from where she got that amount.....

anandekraj

Jun 6, 2018
Hi all I need you help.
I am primary applicant And accompanying with wife I have 50% of fund with me And my wife she got 50% money from there parents.... So in this case I will be showing my bank letter And wife bank letter also.... So do I have to justify the transaction in my wife account also like from where she got that amount.....
Please help me on my query

sonapradnya

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hi everyone,

For POF, I sent for translation my 6 months statements, these I downloaded from my account online. It is a "certified copy" and it's exactly the same as the one they would mail to my house.

My question is: I just read today that many people send the bank statements stamped from the bank, is this a requirement?

Please help!!
Even i want to know.
I also didn't take bank statement stamped and planning to give them passbook copy. Will that do?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Respected Members,
I have a query regarding the role of witness in the gift deed. Who can be a witness in a gift deed ? Can a family member other than the donor fill the role or he/she has to be anyone outside the family?
Thanks!
My family member was the witness for my gift deed. I believe it can be a family member.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello everyone, I currently got an ITA under the SINP new EOI system.. But the funds in my account which I have been building was slightly devoid of the $12,475 CAD on the date of ITA..Upon calculation it was $12,143CAD..Although it was complete before then but only made a transfer to someone who returned the exact amount 2days after the ITA.I have since added enough funds to the account to exceed the $12,475 CAD...How do I go about this please advise..I have to submit my application before 2months time and my NOC has been removed from the OID..
I will appreciate if I can be given positive ways to go about it..
Thanks
Ben.
Your ITA date/ timeline doesn't matter when it comes to showing POF. the important thing is that you should have the adequate POF by the time you're submitting your application, i.e AOR.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello All
I will receive CAD 13,846 from my father soon as a gift and I have only one salary a/c which is savings in nature. I use the a/c frequently, therefore there are lot of transactions in every month although they do not cross CAD 500 (adding all the monthly transactions). My concern is that should I put the money which I'll get from my father in my salary a/c or should I open a Fixed Deposit a/c with the same bank?
I'm pretty much sure that I can maintain the minimum fund requirement (CAD 12,475) at all times.
Please advise.
You can put the Gift deed in any account you like. It's better for you if you put it in an interest yielding account, that way you'll make some profit while the money is sitting idle over the next 6 months or so.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Even i want to know.
I also didn't take bank statement stamped and planning to give them passbook copy. Will that do?
You need a signed & stamped bank statement. Your application can be rejected for inadequate POF.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi everyone,

Please help!!
You need a signed and stamped bank letter. Online bank statement & letters do not suffice.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi all I need you help.
yes, your wife can get a gift deed from her parent. she needs to show where she got the money from.

lenkoo

Sep 4, 2018
Hello All,

I have a question regarding Proof of funds letters from financial institutions.

I am with chase and I do not have any chase bank ( physical location) in my state. I have to travel 4 to 5 hours to get to the nearest one. Do I need to get a letter from them saying that my current balance and my average six-month balance or just the statements which I can get from my online account?

Thanks in advance

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello All,

I have a question regarding Proof of funds letters from financial institutions.

I am with chase and I do not have any chase bank ( physical location) in my state. I have to travel 4 to 5 hours to get to the nearest one. Do I need to get a letter from them saying that my current balance and my average six-month balance or just the statements which I can get from my online account?

Thanks in advance
You need a bank letter from your bank printed on the bank's letter head, signed & stamped, it's not optional. (check the CIC website for the information that should be on the bank letter)