+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Fund

Dec 10, 2017
I have a doubt in Proof of fund, I have INR700000 in my account, do I need to convert the whole amount in CAD to satisfy the immigration officer at port of entry. I have received COPR and travelling by Jan. Earliest help is appreciated.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you can bring whatever amount you'd like in CAD and you can show that you have the rest with your bank statement if they inquire.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
You need not convert it to CAD.
Usually one is not asked for proof of funds, however ensure that you can prove to the immigration officer that you have the required amount.

Just sharing what I did from my side, might or might not be absolutely correct
- last 6 months bank statement
- as the statements were computer generated got the same stamped from my bank
- got a letter from my bank showing the balance I had. This letter needs to be on bank letter head and stamped. Also, got it close to my date of travel.
- ensured I had internet access to my account. Worst scenario I could have proved that there is money in my account by logging onto it.
- There can be questions on how one would be moving funds to Canada. Ensured I had an international debit card for the above account so that I would be in a position to withdraw money in Canada.

Dec 10, 2017
I have it in an FD. Is it possible to show them the receipt of FD? I don't want to cancel the FD at the point of traveling.

lakshmikr

Jul 9, 2017
Hi Guys,
Have a query regarding Proof of Funds certificate. My husband is travelling to Canada on study permit and I am filing for my PR. In my application, I have listed him as unaccompanying and cited the reason as he travelling to Canada on his own on study permit.
In my proof of funds certificate, do I need to account for him as well as he has already provided his proof of funds certificates for the duration of his study.