+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Times NYC

srhnclptt

Nov 29, 2012
Has anyone else been waiting for a long time from NYC?
Sent our applications October 31, did not sign until November 6, and we have heard nothing. Anyone have experience with walking in or how long it takes?
Thanks!

cbetancourt83

Dec 6, 2012
I have sent my application on Oct 25th still no response from the consulate. I have to leave USA on December 17th and I'm plannig to fligth to NYC triying to get my passport back. I don't know if its gonna work.

giri0705

Nov 26, 2012
Same situation here friends.
Sent docs/passport on 10/27, received by them on 11/01 & no response yet.
I need to travel Toronto on 12/17, booked flight ticket & hotel as well. i hope i get my passport / visa by then.

srhnclptt

Nov 29, 2012
If you do go to NYC, please let us know about your experience. Same if you get the visa, if you can give the days (including weekends) that would be so helpful. No one is really sharing info on what the experience is if you go to NYC and get the visa.

yiwei

Nov 16, 2012
totally same situation.
One question:
If we go to NYC and withdraw our application then apply in person, will it work?
If there any guarantee that in person will be processed within two days?

Thank you

cbetancourt83

Dec 6, 2012
Guys, I received an e-mail from the consulate on Friday requiring some more documents. I sent them by e-mail and express mail with a letter asking to get my passport back with or without the visa. I'll we let you know if they send the passport or I still have to flight to NYC.

srhnclptt

Nov 29, 2012
Guys, I received an e-mail from the consulate on Friday requiring some more documents. I sent them by e-mail and express mail with a letter asking to get my passport back with or without the visa. I'll we let you know if they send the passport or I still have to flight to NYC.
Thanks a lot! Let us know how it goes.

Lazyboy2k9

Dec 7, 2012
If it is more than 30 days of your application.

Go in person, fill the urgent processing application form... collect your passport same day with\without visa. There is a backlog in their mailing process. Looks like the number of passport applications sent out is only a handful each day.

appyg

Nov 8, 2012
Hi all

I sent my application on 22nd and it reached them on 24th. I got my passport and other documents back today. Total it took them approx 50 days to process my application!

Good luck for the rest of you.

cbetancourt83

Dec 6, 2012
I call them today and they told me that they sent my passport on Monday. I sent a prepaid express mail envelop. How long is gonna take if they used the regular mail from NYC to Orlando?