+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

thushan

Dec 7, 2019
complicated one.. I've never seen before anyone got pre arrival letter before medical and background/security check get done. you also did Bio-metric after medical :oops:. 7 months took to transfer file to Colombo? well at least your long waiting is done anyway. when are you planning to fly to Canada?
yes completely opposite to some others, planing to fly on September 11

Kannaki0622

Dec 25, 2019
In the GC key, under the section "Review of Additional Documents" has anyone received the update "We are reviewing the documents you provided," with the date in front of this statement?

Rob1097

Nov 28, 2019
In the GC key, under the section "Review of Additional Documents" has anyone received the update "We are reviewing the documents you provided," with the date in front of this statement?
Yes we did. They had asked us to send a copy of our passport again back in January but looks like they are only reviewing the document we submitted now

Reactions: Kannaki0622

maple@2020

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
App. Filed.......
30-Jan-2020
Doc's Request.
17-July-2020 (Additional Document Requested)
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2020
File Transfer...
03-March-2020
Med's Request
16-July-2020
Med's Done....
17-July-2020
Yes they asked us to provide an explanation letter and we submitted through GCkey since then its showing same message with the date. Its been a month now so we emailed the embassy, they said it will not change till one of their officers review it.

Kannaki0622

Dec 25, 2019
Which Schedule A did you submit? The one dated
Yes they asked us to provide explanation letter and we submitted through GCkey since then its showing same message with the date. Its been a month now so emailed the embassy they said it will not change till an offer review it.
Thanks guys for confirming. It got me worried for some reason. This has been such a difficult time. I have even contemplated giving up and moving to SL to start a new life.

maple@2020

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
App. Filed.......
30-Jan-2020
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2020
File Transfer...
03-March-2020
Med's Request
16-July-2020
Med's Done....
17-July-2020

Thanks guys for confirming. It got me worried for some reason. This has been such a difficult time. I have even contemplated giving up and moving to SL to start a new life.

I understand, all of us going through very difficult time. Its just waiting game and we have to patiently wait for it. Colombo office takes forever to process applications even to review documents we submitted.

Krish121089

Aug 20, 2019

I submitted outraged one. But they never asked for new one.

maple@2020

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
App. Filed.......
30-Jan-2020
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2020
File Transfer...
03-March-2020
Med's Request
16-July-2020
Med's Done....
17-July-2020
What happens after the medical everyone ? What the process like?

For most of us after medical result. Background and Security check started and once its done and passed we will get pre arrival letter then passport request for visa stamp.

Sharanyaa

May 15, 2020
Yes we did. They had asked us to send a copy of our passport again back in January but looks like they are only reviewing the document we submitted now
Hi, same here. What's ur timeline ? We also got review of additional documents on August 21st.They received the application in sep,2019. an year is completed for me but still no response from them. medical was done in December also.

WB007

Jul 25, 2020
Hi Guys, Everyting is completed for me. I got my passport back Yesterday. Wish you all, the very best. Hang in there.. :)

My Timeline

Application Received 1 Nov 2019

Biometric submission 14 Dec 2019

Moved to Colombo 31 Dec 2019

Medical Submitted 12 Aug 2020

Medical Passed 14 Aug 2020

Pre Arrival 17 Aug 2020

Passport Request 24 Aug 2020

Everything is Approved 7 Sep 2020

Thanks @dl-shana regarding the Aramex Courier tip. No other Courier service deliver passports to VFS. In addition, Guys make sure you call VFS and get all the information before sending the passport. They have few forms you need to fill and send them with passport and you will need to take two pictures. One picture need to rubber stamp by the studio (Studio Name & full address need to be rubber stamped even its says in instructions you can hand written these information) your name, birthday and picture taken date can be hand written (studio need to do all that)

VFS work only in Monday, Wednesday and Friday. due to covid-19

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/lka/en/can/news/visa-application-centre-in-colombo-re-opening

above link also have information regarding how to submit the passport to VFS when request comes in. (call VFS to find where all nessary VFS forms located at online)

Last edited:
Reactions: SViyesha

Sharanyaa

May 15, 2020
Hi Guys, Everyting is completed for me. I got my passport back Yesterday. Wish you all, the very best. Hang in there.. :)

My Timeline

Application Received 1 Nov 2019

Biometric submission 14 Dec 2019

Moved to Colombo 31 Dec 2019

Medical Submitted 12 Aug 2020

Medical Passed 14 Aug 2020

Pre Arrival 17 Aug 2020

Passport Request 24 Aug 2020

Everything is Approved 7 Sep 2020

Thanks @dl-shana regarding the Aramex Courier tip. No other Courier service deliver passports to VFS. In addition, Guys make sure you call VFS and get all the information before sending the passport. They have few forms you need to fill and send them with passport and you will need to take two pictures. One picture need to rubber stamp by the studio (Studio Name & full address need to be rubber stamped even its says in instructions you can hand written these information) your name, birthday and picture taken date can be hand written (studio need to do all that)

VFS work only in Monday, Wednesday and Friday. due to covid-19

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/lka/en/can/news/visa-application-centre-in-colombo-re-opening

above link also have information regarding how to submit the passport to VFS when request comes in. (call VFS to find where all nessary VFS forms located at online)
Wow congrats... I've been waiting for an year now no response from them yet.my background check is still under process though.

Sharanyaa

May 15, 2020
Hi. What is your timeline? I am waiting for a year too. I applied in September 2019.
Application received on sep 3,2019. Medical was done on December 2019. No update thereafter.my background check in the application status is still under process even though it's been an year.