App. Filed.......
11/20/2015
Doc's Request.
4/4/2016
AOR Received.
1/19/2016
Med's Done....
9/7/2015
Anybody with good news? If that's a yes, congrats! :)

I'm a Colombo resident and my husband is in Canada. My application was received on the 20th of November 2015. We got the SA in January'16 and stage 2 AOR in March. My ECAS shows meds received but there hasn't been any update recently after that.

Anybody else from October/November/December? Which stage are you guys in?

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
samsho39 said:
Anybody with good news? If that's a yes, congrats! :)

I'm a Colombo resident and my husband is in Canada. My application was received on the 20th of November 2015. We got the SA in January'16 and stage 2 AOR in March. My ECAS shows meds received but there hasn't been any update recently after that.

Anybody else from October/November/December? Which stage are you guys in?
hi.m December applicant...no updates yet.colombo vo sucks...did ur ecas shows they started processing ur application??

RP2015

Feb 19, 2016
I just have a question on the Sri Lankan police clearance to be submitted. I was wondering if all the addresses have to be submitted for the police clearance. Because in my husbands's case, he studied in Moratuwa but had industrial training in different places of Sri Lanka for different periods of his study. This industrial training lasted 3mts sometimes and 6months sometimes and the company provided the hostel during his training. After the training period was over, he came back to Moratuwa to complete his courses. Please help if anyone has similar experience.

samsho39

Jun 13, 2015
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
11/20/2015
Doc's Request.
4/4/2016
AOR Received.
1/19/2016
Med's Done....
9/7/2015
RP2015 said:
I just have a question on the Sri Lankan police clearance to be submitted. I was wondering if all the addresses have to be submitted for the police clearance. Because in my husbands's case, he studied in Moratuwa but had industrial training in different places of Sri Lanka for different periods of his study. This industrial training lasted 3mts sometimes and 6months sometimes and the company provided the hostel during his training. After the training period was over, he came back to Moratuwa to complete his courses. Please help if anyone has similar experience.
You have to get the clearance for any location where your partner has stayed for 6 months or longer. It took me about 2 months to receive mine (one address in Kandy and one in Colombo). You have to keep calling them to ensure you get your clearance asap.

samsho39

Jun 13, 2015
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
11/20/2015
Doc's Request.
4/4/2016
AOR Received.
1/19/2016
Med's Done....
9/7/2015
It says 17 months but a lot of people get theirs sooner (even within 3-4 months)! :)

My ECAS says my meds have been received -- that's the last line and my husband got an email saying our application has been sent to the Sri Lankan embassy.

Bareeracol

Feb 17, 2016
Do you know anyone who got the visa within 3-4 months recently? I know 6 people who are waiting from April 2015. From that bunch the latest submission was July 2015 and hasn't heard anything from col visa office. It drags in Sri Lanka.

choppe

Jan 28, 2016
Bareeracol said:
Do you know anyone who got the visa within 3-4 months recently? I know 6 people who are waiting from April 2015. From that bunch the latest submission was July 2015 and hasn't heard anything from col visa office. It drags in Sri Lanka.
Hi Bareeracol,

I thought u got PPR already , did u get your visa ?

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Hi Guys,

I need some help regarding my spouse application.

By Jan end Immigration requested to submit medical, Police clearance and updates schedule A form before feb 29. And i did medical last month and submitted all request documents on feb29. So i need know what will be the next? is they will ask any other document or is i hav any chance of rejection again?

Can i know y they asked us to submitted schedule A form with police clearance and medical?

And My ecas changed to medical received at the end of feb cause i did medical feb 1st week.

How long does they will take to reply me back? after i submitted all requested documents( which is police clearance and schedule A form submitted on feb 29). Its been 3 weeeks now...i am worrying too much. please someone help me on this?

djaya

Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2016
AOR Received.
Feb. 2016
File Transfer...
Feb. 2016
Med's Request
Oct. 2016(Re-medical)
Med's Done....
Oct. 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov. 10, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 17, 2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Saina said:
Anyone can answer my question in this thread..my ecas status changed into in process but I didn't get my SA...letter r mail..what does it mean??and any Colombo applicants have any idea??
If the PR side on ECAS changed to in process, that means you have already been approved as a sponsor. It will take some time before you will get the approval email.

RP2015

Feb 19, 2016
I just have a question as to upgrading schedule A personal history. We submitted the documents for sponsor application but I just realized that we need to upgrade the personal history page because my husband had several internship programs during his university studies. So, during these internships he had to travel to different places in our country and live near that company during his term there. In my application, we didn't mention this. We only mentioned that he was studying at the university during the four years. Can we still upgrade the information?