Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

momi143

Aug 27, 2015
Hi everyone
this is my time line
applied in 2012 march
rejected 2013 april
appealed 2013 april
hearing date was 30july 2015 but we withdrew appeal due to new policy (if u lose the case you have to wait for five years)

now i m planning to reapply from zero

i m sponsoring my husband from sri lanka
rejection reasons are
1.he have Norway refugee claim and got rejected from Norway which we declared so what he said in claim was not declared so first reason was misrepresentation so he was detained in ltte for 3 months

so how can we explain this point?
I m going to the lawyers and they are just wasting my time and keep me waiting since July

please help with any advice and suggestion I m so upset

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
momi143 said:
Hi everyone
this is my time line
applied in 2012 march
rejected 2013 april
appealed 2013 april
hearing date was 30july 2015 but we withdrew appeal due to new policy (if u lose the case you have to wait for five years)

rejection reasons are ya u can apply new form because now new rules whith in 6 month process
1.he have Norway refugee claim and got rejected from Norway which we declared so what he said in claim was not declared so first reason was misrepresentation so he was detained in ltte for 3 months

I m going to the lawyers and they are just wasting my time and keep me waiting since July

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
momi143 said:
Hi everyone
this is my time line
applied in 2012 march
rejected 2013 april
appealed 2013 april

rejection reasons are

please help with any advice and suggestion I m so upset pls alsow police cl and medical everything together submit and ur form fill everything clear if u need help anyone immigration works con ur area very help for u

Appu79

Oct 8, 2015
HI ALL,

I am Newbie here, This forum is very informative and i have learn alot from your happiness and mistakes...i really congratulate the people who got the positive results so far...i wish and pray for the rest of the people to get their positive results sooner than later.

Application sent on 28th June 15
Sponsor Eligibility received on 28th August 15
Sponsor application started to process on 10th Sep 15

awaiting for the better response from them. Is there any one who is in the same thread!!

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
momi143 said:
Hi everyone
this is my time line
applied in 2012 march
rejected 2013 april
appealed 2013 april

rejection reasons are
1.he have Norway refugee claim and got rejected from Norway which we declared so what he said in claim was not declared so first reason was misrepresentation so he was detained in ltte for 3 mont

hi friend pls tell me my police clearance her dad name that is any problem?

pollo

Dec 1, 2015
Hi

I'm in Australia and I have applied for Canada spouse visa

I have applied for spouse visa
Here's my time line
Application filed- 10th of April 2015
Application forwarded to colombo - June 2015

plus I received an email last week querying where i wish to collect my visa upon finalization of my case. Means am i gonna get my visa soon?Huh anyone got any idea?Huh

choppe

Jan 28, 2016
Hi ,

Is there anyone waiting in in-process since September 2015 ? My E-Cas shows med recvd and no update from CIC yet. E-Mailed visa office and no reply ? Anybody else in same situation ?

-Thanks

Hello246

Jan 28, 2016
Hi,
I am also waiting for my husband's PR. The process was started in colombo in july 2015. We are also in-process since July.
Thanks

choppe

Jan 28, 2016
Did you guys noticed ? Application processing time for spousal sponsor outland application has been increased to 17 months, is there a change in CIC policy ?

samsho39

Jun 13, 2015
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
11/20/2015
Doc's Request.
4/4/2016
AOR Received.
1/19/2016
Med's Done....
9/7/2015
Hello! I'm also Sri Lankan and my sponsor is in Canada. We lodged our application on November 20th 2015 and our application has been sent to the SL embassy now. Can anybody explain what will happen next? How long has it been since you guys lodged your applications?

superwoman

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2015
Doc's Request.
December 2015
File Transfer...
November 5 2015
Med's Request
upfront medical
Med's Done....
August 2015
Interview........
No interviews
Passport Req..
April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Appu79 said:
HI ALL,

I am Newbie here, This forum is very informative and i have learn alot from your happiness and mistakes...i really congratulate the people who got the positive results so far...i wish and pray for the rest of the people to get their positive results sooner than later.

Application sent on 28th June 15
Sponsor Eligibility received on 28th August 15
Sponsor application started to process on 10th Sep 15

awaiting for the better response from them. Is there any one who is in the same thread!!
Hi Appu
I sent my application on the 28th of August 2015. two months after you sent . any response from colombo office ? Its so frustrating. Since I've provided all the documents and I don't know why they are taking such a lot of time.