+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

icylcp

Mar 13, 2014
hi,my work permit will expire April 3 2014, got a new employer and still waiting for LMO..My new employer said the LMO will come in 2 weeks,that's what they said when he ask for the status of the application.. my question is, if my working permit expired, what application should I send?
as of now, Im thinking of sending may application online.. I'm filling up the application to change condition,extend my stay or remain in Canada as worker..
then check the box for restoration of status as worker and the box for work permit with new employer..
Am I on the right track here guys?
plus, my passport will expire nov 30,2015.. will that affect my work permit?? I already asked for new passport but it will take 3 months! :'(
please help! :-\ :-\ :-\

Findingmyway

Mar 21, 2014
I am helping a friend with her expired work permit...she has completed her 24 months for live in caregiver at the end of October 2013... How ever her employer dismissed her for the excuse that they need a nanny with a car and license... So her life was tossed upside down since then she had been getting all the documents ready to apply for pr and open work permit but did not realize her work permit had expired end of 2013... We have applied for restoration paid the fees and sent an explanation letter describing what I have just said to you.... Question is....what do you think the chances are that they will or will not restore her work permit? She has done everything they have asked of her except the mistake of not extending her permit...after she was let go we called cic and they told her to just gather the documents and apply for pr and open work permit since it comes faster that another lmo...has anyone else been in this situation ? What was the outcome?

icylcp

Mar 13, 2014
Findingmyway= hey, I've been kicked from work too.. Dont want to dwell on it, but as for your question, Im also under the live-in caregiver program.. even though I could apply for PR and Open visa, they said you cant do that unless you have your employer since Open visa, specially PR application takes time..way longer than LMO if you ask me.. I have my LMO in 6 weeks, and just sent my application for extension 3 days before my wp expires..
I suggest you find someone willing to employ your friend, and apply for extension, just write a letter of explanation that LMO will be sent later on..

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
So i am guessing. All you guys have applied for your restoration of work permit after you got an approved LMIA( LMO) is it?

jagshai9

Oct 16, 2014
shripal2006 said:
Yes you are allowed to stay until a decision is made on your restoration application even if it is longer than 90 days.. Hopefully you'll have it restored sooner ! Good luck
This is the best post i read that keeps my hopes alive. I had an expired open work permit and temporary resident status while waiting for my pr final stage approval. Sent my renewal and restoration last oct 24 and received the 27th. Though i seek a MP help just to make sure everything will be ok. Thanks for this message.

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
I have also applied for the restoration of work permit on August 26th. I am still waiting for an answer...

nudang99

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2015
Nomination.....
16-01-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
December 2015
Med's Done....
December 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 3 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 16 2016
LANDED..........
August 18 2016
you guys submitted buy yourself or you hire the lawyer to file for restoration?
I'm so afraid and worry right now even with pnp nominee paper cant insure anything.....

machikikiko

Mar 26, 2015
Hello, does anyone have the recent processing time for restoration of status for sharing?

I just got my LMIA after a half-year wait, and have been told that the processing time for
restoration of work permit can take another 4-5 months, which is really frustrating. I am
considering go flagpoling directly if the processing time does take that long recently...

Thanks.

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Hi Guys,

I need an immediate help. I paid some money to a consultant for job in canada.

He said the process was started in sep.2014 like advertisement, LMO application etc...

Waiting since sep.2014 and still no LMO results like positive or negative.

I have not signed any contract or employment offer letter with my employer. I haven't spoken or had any interview with my employer.

This consultancy also not given any proof of LMO application or any other proof showing the process is on track.

Whenever I call or meet the consultancy guy he says " everything on track and you will get LMO within a week" but nothing happened still now.

Almost waiting for 7 months and now i got a doubt wheaher he really started the process or simply lying to me.

How to identify LMO process is started and my application, employer are really genuine?

Please help me on this issue?

Thank you whoever post a reply

Yahoo06

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
hello everybody ,
I Got my restoration as a visitor approve yesterday!
Now i have to go for work permit !
i have pnp, support letter,employment offer letter , compliance fee , IMM5802
and a file number from CIO.
Can i Get a open work permit anyhow?

and one more ques. : Can i get multiple entry visa from my home country while work permit issue in canada?

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Hi,

Applied LMIA last year not under express entry.

Have an answer from CIC states " This is request to your response submitted under the access to information act received at employment and social development Canada on October 05, 2015 and which reads as follows

your application status will be known by October 28,2015"

Will I get my application status on same date or it get delay further?

Thanks

hasumati

Oct 18, 2015
klemzo said:
Can anybody please help me with the processing time of restoration of status with working permit? I submitted my application online on 23rd October 2012, up till this moment my application haven't been processed. Is it the same processing time as applying for a working permit or does it take longer when I apply for a restoration of status?

Please I need your replies cuz am so frustrated now, been out of work for months now. Thanks

i have a question about restoration status, what is it mean exactly by restoration word. and when you apply for restoration..is it like when your status is expired and you want to restore your by applying for visitor or worker..

please reply as soon as possible.

JuliaB.

May 27, 2015
BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried to apply for restoration of status at the border?
I know on CIC website it says 'loss of status cannot be granted at port of emtry'.
But when I calles the hotline I could either submit by paper or go to the border.
It seems quite risky and I am scared that I will be deported.
BTW my application for a work permit extension was rejected because I did not have my PNP certificate at the time I filed the application but do have it now.
Does anybody have experience with that or heard of someone doing ig this way?
I really would like to speed up the waiting time if there is a chamce.

Thank you
Julia

nudang99

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2015
Nomination.....
16-01-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
December 2015
Med's Done....
December 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 3 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 16 2016
LANDED..........
August 18 2016
I got my restoration on August. You do not need to hire anyone to file restoration for you. I got mine refused and I called the call agent amd explained to them and got the case re-open. Finally, got it done by myself!!! woo hoo