+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

poppedpluto

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hi congrats. Btw did they reply to the email at all? Or did they just silently give you a surprise?
Yes they replied to the email with a generic response but on the day of the approval which i think is interesting.

Also learned from my lawyer that my application was processed under “urgent processing” as per IRCC notes and they had quoted the employer letter as a reason for expedited processing. Therefore we can be sure that the approval was entirely due to the letter that my employer sent.

Last edited:
Reactions: haritosh82

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I received my biometrics correspondence letter by 2nd week of Jul (for ICT) & i live in India. Can i order for GCMS? I read in GCMS FAQ "Any person who is legally staying in Canada can order GCMS notes"

Could someone advise? Thanks
I have ordered GCMS via 'https://getgcmsnotesbuddy.com/services/' ...has anyone used this 3rd party service earlier?

Would be helpful if you could share your experince, please..

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Yes they replied to the email with a generic response but on the day of the approval which i think is interesting.

Also learned from my lawyer that my application was processed under “urgent processing” as per IRCC notes and they had quoted the employer letter as a reason for expedited processing. Therefore we can be sure that the approval was entirely due to the letter that my employer sent.
Thanks a lot for sharing. By generic response you meant they actually typed or pasted the response or is it automatic reply?

jazzfam

Jul 23, 2020
For sure - I had Application Type (mine was ICT Work Permit under GSS), Applicant Name, Applicant Date of Birth, UCI Number, Application Number, Country of Birth, Letter from employer (PDF attached to email). Hope you get your approval soon and keep us updated!
Thank you. I appreciate it. Now the waiting game continues.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Today I received my GCMS notes. I requested it on August 06, 2020. I'm very surprised that I got it in ~21 days. I was frustrated by the whole covid induced delays on work permit and visa processing and wanted to see what is in the file. I recommend everyone to request GCMS notes. It is a good read.

What is the notes is surprising. My WP application seems to be approved on June 26 and they are holding passport request due to COVID. It is also explicitly written in one of the GMCS notes from CPC Edmonton officer. I've applied for GSS (LIMA-exempt) ICT work permit on Feb 28, 2020 from USA. I did biometrics on March 13, 2020. I've got the biometric validity letter on July 23, 2020.

The last GCMS notes says "Approved, counterfoil set to queue, PPT letter to be sent by VO". The due date is October 21, 2020. I'm hoping to get the passport request before that.

Hope this helps people who are waiting for updates.
Holding pp request till Oct 21? Whoa!

That is insane, and probably the case with most of us here who are still waiting for a decision or approval.

Reactions: AfricanGiant912

poppedpluto

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Thanks a lot for sharing. By generic response you meant they actually typed or pasted the response or is it automatic reply?
There was one automatic response as soon as I sent the email and then on the day of the approval it was also a generalized email typed out regarding how travel to Canada is only allowed for essential workers (same verbiage as per their website).

Reactions: haritosh82

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
There was one automatic response as soon as I sent the email and then on the day of the approval it was also a generalized email typed out regarding how travel to Canada is only allowed for essential workers (same verbiage as per their website).
Thanks a lot!

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Today I received my GCMS notes. I requested it on August 06, 2020. I'm very surprised that I got it in ~21 days. I was frustrated by the whole covid induced delays on work permit and visa processing and wanted to see what is in the file. I recommend everyone to request GCMS notes. It is a good read.

What is the notes is surprising. My WP application seems to be approved on June 26 and they are holding passport request due to COVID. It is also explicitly written in one of the GMCS notes from CPC Edmonton officer. I've applied for GSS (LIMA-exempt) ICT work permit on Feb 28, 2020 from USA. I did biometrics on March 13, 2020. I've got the biometric validity letter on July 23, 2020.

The last GCMS notes says "Approved, counterfoil set to queue, PPT letter to be sent by VO". The due date is October 21, 2020. I'm hoping to get the passport request before that.

Hope this helps people who are waiting for updates.
@Visha1995 you should look at this post

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
It could mean nothing. Based on the information in the note, there is one pending outgoing mail described as "original passport request letter". It is created on July 23 and the due date is written as Oct 21, 2020 which is exactly 90 days. However 90 days is the default deadline given by IRCC to applications.

Furthermore, the BVL is created exactly on the same date and time as the passport request letter and also have the same "due date" in the system. However they sent it to me right away.
@Visha1995

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Congratulations. Did you also send expedite request via email? if yes what details you send to them?
Yes I did send out an email to them. I put all my application details plus employer letter. Don’t know if it has anything to do with the approval because they did not reply to my email at all.

Reactions: PravinDeo

poppedpluto

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Yes I did send out an email to them. I put all my application details plus employer letter. Don’t know if it has anything to do with the approval because they did not reply to my email at all.
Congrats that's great news! The passport processing is as quick as 3-4 days max. I sent my passport to NYC VAC on Tuesday and its already processed and sent back to me (will be receiving it tomorrow - Friday).

Reactions: AfricanGiant912