+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

KedarMann

May 27, 2020
Instead of falsely showing 13 weeks processing but not actually processing. I would rather have a set time estimate, though long.
I have kept the track of the processing time and I can see that every Tuesday it being increased by 2 weeks . So not sure about their claim that they have started processing the files . If that is the case then why the processing time is not decreasing .Now some will say that number of petitions must have increased but its hard to digest that petitions are in such a high volume that they are increasing the processing time by 2 weeks every Tuesday. What I think they are not processing the applications , keeping in my the current job market in canada .

ash_pratap

Jul 13, 2020
Are these processing times mostly for the open work permits or does this apply to the GTS Work permit as well? I read somewhere else on this forum that they called up IRCC to check the processing times for GTS and was told that IRCC would still try to process the application within 2 weeks of receiving the biometrics. Wondering if someone else has some idea about this.

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Please keep posting your experience on this thread- i think this forum will have the right information and clues for processing times

KedarMann

May 27, 2020
Are these processing times mostly for the open work permits or does this apply to the GTS Work permit as well? I read somewhere else on this forum that they called up IRCC to check the processing times for GTS and was told that IRCC would still try to process the application within 2 weeks of receiving the biometrics. Wondering if someone else has some idea about this.
I haven't read any such comments or information ,so not able comment on that .I have serious doubt about the application which should be processed within 2 weeks haven't processed till date ..

werehere

Jul 10, 2020
I've talked this with over my company lawyers who applied for ICT work permit (LMIA exempt), they told me although IRCC is resuming processing visitors visa and stated that work permit application are being process, it is still limited based on the nature of work or purpose of entry to Canada. I do not think IRCC is respecting 2-week processing time unless it is a work permit related to COVID-19 outbreak relief.

I applied on Feb 27, 2020 and gave biometric on March 13th, 2020. I'm yet to receive an update on my application.

ArpitaMathur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I've talked this with over my company lawyers who applied for ICT work permit (LMIA exempt), they told me although IRCC is resuming processing visitors visa and stated that work permit application are being process, it is still limited based on the nature of work or purpose of entry to Canada. I do not think IRCC is respecting 2-week processing time unless it is a work permit related to COVID-19 outbreak relief.

I applied on Feb 27, 2020 and gave biometric on March 13th, 2020. I'm yet to receive an update on my application.
Where did you apply from? Is application falls under 2 weeks processing?

poppedpluto

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020

My lawyer informed me of the same as well - only work permit applications directly related to providing COVID-19 relief related services are being processed - i.e. - healthcare industry professionals, medical researchers, Pharma industry etc. I don't think other WP applications are going to be processed (regardless of from where you applied and what category you applied under) until the end of Canada border closure with the US which is until Aug 21st right now. This info was provided by my lawyer so please don't quote me on this.

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
I have kept the track of the processing time and I can see that every Tuesday it being increased by 2 weeks . So not sure about their claim that they have started processing the files . If that is the case then why the processing time is not decreasing .Now some will say that number of petitions must have increased but its hard to digest that petitions are in such a high volume that they are increasing the processing time by 2 weeks every Tuesday. What I think they are not processing the applications , keeping in my the current job market in canada .
Previously it increments by 1 week Every Tuesday, yesterday however it increased from 13-week to 17-week. I remember well cuz I look at it everyday, web archive would tell the same information.

A huge increase in processing time might indicate something internal changed but we don’t know. They won’t tell either. It’s just unethical to keep us hanging there and not tell us the real situation. I wonder how the managed to calculate this processing time at all in the first time. They say they can’t provide accurate time then update the process time estimate everyday. Why don’t they just say process time not available.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
My lawyer informed me of the same as well - only work permit applications directly related to providing COVID-19 relief related services are being processed - i.e. - healthcare industry professionals, medical researchers, Pharma industry etc. I don't think other WP applications are going to be processed (regardless of from where you applied and what category you applied under) until the end of Canada border closure with the US which is until Aug 21st right now. This info was provided by my lawyer so please don't quote me on this.
Probably true, but don't think US border closure has got anything to do with which WP applications they process.

We will have to wait for things at IRCC to 'normalize' and then see updates, things are getting better each month with new express entry draws, more VaC's opening up, eTa's and visitor visa processing resuming, etc. So fingers cross for the next few weeks. I think the outlook is positive.

Reactions: rohtak and Yqing237

poppedpluto

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Probably true, but don't think US border closure has got anything to do with which WP applications they process.

We will have to wait for things at IRCC to 'normalize' and then see updates, things are getting better each month with new express entry draws, more VaC's opening up, eTa's and visitor visa processing resuming, etc. So fingers cross for the next few weeks. I think the outlook is positive.
Yes agreed. But increasing Covid cases in the US and increase of processing time of Work permit to 17 weeks are not positive indicators. But all we can do is remain positive right now and finger crossed that we all get some kind of approval very soon!

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Any one applied under ICT (Online Application, Express entry from USA) submitted biometrics in March before US-Canada border closure? What is the next communication received?

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
My wife's work permit LMIA exempt ICT under GSS applied online by company's lawyers on 10 March, upfront medical and biometrics were done, since then no update. Her VO is Abu Dhabi as she applied from Bahrain. Hoping for an update soon now based on the 11 March case above.
Did she receive a biometrics validity letter?

Last edited: