+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

procedural fairness / PFL success stories?

Ritish Gupta

Sep 18, 2020
Hello everyone my wife got a PFL on 12.12.21. It stated they found her Ielts document fake but it is genuine. In our reply we sent them screenshots of idp dashboard and her general Ielts trf where she scored 8 bands. She scored 9 in listening task and 6.5 in writing in academics Ielts . I think this made officer suspicious. IDP is of no help. I have also attached the mail screenshot where idp is saying embassy should directly contact them to verify trf. 10 days were given to us for explanation which already passed. When should we expect reply from embassy and what should we do next.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone my wife got a PFL on 12.12.21. It stated they found her Ielts document fake but it is genuine. In our reply we sent them screenshots of idp dashboard and her general Ielts trf where she scored 8 bands. She scored 9 in listening task and 6.5 in writing in academics Ielts . I think this made officer suspicious. IDP is of no help. I have also attached the mail screenshot where idp is saying embassy should directly contact them to verify trf. 10 days were given to us for explanation which already passed. When should we expect reply from embassy and what should we do next.
If you have responded to the PFL then you wait. There are no timelines for PFLs. It can take weeks or months.

vsboffl

Jan 21, 2022
Hello,

My friend received a PFL saying his degree is not genuine. His degree is genuine and he is currently applying for WES to prove the same. But he got only 10 days time from IRCC to submit documents and it is not possible to get WES done in such short period of time. Can anyone tell me if we can file for extension for submitting documents. Thank you

Hey what did you do for PFL? Did your friend got PPR?

Mar 15, 2022
Hello,

My friend received a PFL saying his degree is not genuine. His degree is genuine and he is currently applying for WES to prove the same. But he got only 10 days time from IRCC to submit documents and it is not possible to get WES done in such short period of time. Can anyone tell me if we can file for extension for submitting documents. Thank you
What response did you finally got from IRCC ?

AlliyB

Jul 6, 2021
Hi guys,

Kindly advice. I applied for my Student Visa May 13, 2021 and they just got back to today 4th of August 2022. I've been denied before in 2018 but the agency that helped to submit the application said NO that I haven't.

Pls, how do I respond?

This is the respond:

I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section
16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:
16(1) a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for
the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and
documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Specifically, On your application, when asked "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied
entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?" you responded "No". I
believe this to be a false statement. I have reason to believe you have previously been refused a visa
or visas to the US. Please explain the discrepancy. This is a material fact that could have induced
an error in the administration of the Act.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application
for a temporary resident visa, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you
inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2) a
40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
(a)
the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for
misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a
determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under
subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal
order is enforced.
I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you 15 days from the
date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. If you do not respond to this request within
the time outlined above, your application will be refused.

Please can anyone advice me on how to respond. I was denied in 2018 and I think the person that helped with the application stated " NO" in the application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys,

Kindly advice. I applied for my Student Visa May 13, 2021 and they just got back to today 4th of August 2022. I've been denied before in 2018 but the agency that helped to submit the application said NO that I haven't.

Pls, how do I respond?

This is the respond:

I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section
16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:
16(1) a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for
the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and
documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Specifically, On your application, when asked "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied
entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?" you responded "No". I
believe this to be a false statement. I have reason to believe you have previously been refused a visa
or visas to the US. Please explain the discrepancy. This is a material fact that could have induced
an error in the administration of the Act.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application
for a temporary resident visa, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you
inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2) a
40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
(a)
the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for
misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a
determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under
subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal
order is enforced.
I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you 15 days from the
date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. If you do not respond to this request within
the time outlined above, your application will be refused.

Please can anyone advice me on how to respond. I was denied in 2018 and I think the person that helped with the application stated " NO" in the application.
For the past three days, you keep posting over and over. You a) get a lawyer to help you draft and send a letter or b) draft the letter yourself. You respond by saying that you made a mistake and said NO when in fact you did receive a refusal in 2018. Try to give as much inforamtion about the refusal and why. Don’t blame or say the agent was at fault because you are responsible for signing the form.

Once submitted you may not hear back for a long time. There are no timelines PFLs with A 5 year ban.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/already-have-tier-4-visa-uk-study-visa-and-still-applied-for-canada-student-permit-could-that-be-an-issue.737910/#post-10177538

AlliyB

Jul 6, 2021
For the past three days, you keep posting over and over. You a) get a lawyer to help you draft and send a letter or b) draft the letter yourself. You respond by saying that you made a mistake and said NO when in fact you did receive a refusal in 2018. Try to give as much inforamtion about the refusal and why. Don’t blame or say the agent was at fault because you are responsible for signing the form.

Once submitted you may not hear back for a long time. There are no timelines PFLs with A 5 year ban.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/already-have-tier-4-visa-uk-study-visa-and-still-applied-for-canada-student-permit-could-that-be-an-issue.737910/#post-10177538

Thanks Natugrl.

Pls kindly look at this draft. Do you think it's a bit convincing?

TO:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Sub: Letter of Explanation

Dear Visa Officer,
I BAA am writing this letter regarding my application NO: Sxxxxxx for Temporary Travel Visa (Student Visa). To elevate your concern, I would like to explain the discrepancy in my application and my refusal history.
It is imperative to state that I had Canada Visa Refusal (Student Visa) on November 18, 2019. I also have two (2) refusals in the United States. The first one was June 18, 2019, on this occasion I was not denied at the point of interview. I was asked to send my Sponsor’s bank statement and my passport. This was a period when the US government put a temporary hold on issuance of Student Visa. The second one was September 4, 2021, with, on this occasion I was denied at the point of interview after I was asked if I had travel out of the country before. As at then, I have not travelled out of my home country (Nigeria) as I never had the reason to but now, I am in the United Kingdom on student Visa.
Kindly find attached copy of the Canada refusal letter and the first refusal letter for USA as it was sent via email. I am not in possession of the second refusal letter, it was a refusal at the point of interview, and I do not have the letter here. However, I have attached copy of the appointment letter for both for your reference.

Application Discrepancy:
As at the time of the application, while I was in a rush to submit my application before May 14, 2021, so I could get a respond in August 2021 as stated on the IRCC website then. I mistakenly chose NO in the session that asked ‘’Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory? It was not my intention to lie nor mislead the highly reputable Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Commission on my background history, knowing fully well that the US and Canada share information and that the Canada Embassy has the record of my previous refusal. This is a grave and very regretful error on my part and I take full responsibility for it.

Last edited:

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Thanks Natugrl.

TO:

Dear Visa Officer,
I BAA am writing this letter regarding my application NO: Sxxxxxx for Temporary Travel Visa (Student Visa). To elevate your concern, I would like to explain the discrepancy in my application and my refusal history.
It is imperative to state that I had Canada Visa Refusal (Student Visa) on November 18, 2019. I also have two (2) refusals in the United States. The first one was June 18, 2019, on this occasion I was not denied at the point of interview. I was asked to send my Sponsor’s bank statement and my passport. This was a period when the US government put a temporary hold on issuance of Student Visa. The second one was September 4, 2021, with, on this occasion I was denied at the point of interview after I was asked if I had travel out of the country before. As at then, I have not travelled out of my home country (Nigeria) as I never had the reason to but now, I am in the United Kingdom on student Visa.
Kindly find attached copy of the Canada refusal letter and the first refusal letter for USA as it was sent via email. I am not in possession of the second refusal letter, it was a refusal at the point of interview, and I do not have the letter here. However, I have attached copy of the appointment letter for both for your reference.

Application Discrepancy:
As at the time of the application, while I was in a rush to submit my application before May 14, 2021, so I could get a respond in August 2021 as stated on the IRCC website then. I mistakenly chose NO in the session that asked ‘’Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory? It was not my intention to lie nor mislead the highly reputable Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Commission on my background history, knowing fully well that the US and Canada share information and that the Canada Embassy has the record of my previous refusal. This is a grave and very regretful error on my part and I take full responsibility for it.
I believe that you have successfully elevated the officer's concerns.

Reactions: Buletruck

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks Natugrl.

TO:

Dear Visa Officer,

Application Discrepancy:
So you had three refusals in the last 3 years, and answered NO? First you say applied for Canadian permit on May 14, 2021 but then had applied for US visa which was denied on September 4 2021. So you had applied for two study permits in the US and Canada at the same time.

You have said that you made a mistake and take responsibility. It will be the decision of IRCC whether to overturn your 5 year ban, as you are agreeing with their assessment. You may not get any response for many, many months.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Thanks Natugrl.

TO:

Dear Visa Officer,

Application Discrepancy:

So, just for clarity, you’ve failed to disclose your previous Canadian refusal and 2 US refusals?

AlliyB

Jul 6, 2021
Yes, I failed to do that. Even though it was thr agency not me because I sent the refusals to him. But he failed.

Again, that is my problem not IRCC so I have to take responsibility.

AlliyB

Jul 6, 2021
So you had three refusals in the last 3 years, and answered NO? First you say applied for Canadian permit on May 14, 2021 but then had applied for US visa which was denied on September 4 2021. So you had applied for two study permits in the US and Canada at the same time.

You have said that you made a mistake and take responsibility. It will be the decision of IRCC whether to overturn your 5 year ban, as you are agreeing with their assessment. You may not get any response for many, many months.
Thanks so much for the observation Naturgrl,

The US denials were both 2019. Not 2021. I would correct that.

Any other observation, criticism or addition you would suggest pls .

Thanks

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Thanks so much for the observation Naturgrl,

The US denials were both 2019. Not 2021. I would correct that.

Any other observation, criticism or addition you would suggest pls .

Thanks
With 3 undisclosed refusals,!telling them about them now is irrelevant at this point in time. They already know about the Canadian refusal and you should assume they know about the US refusals as well. Your response needs to address why you (not the agent….you are solely responsible) didn’t disclose them in your application in order to stand any sort of chance at having the ban reversed (and I wouldn’t be holding my breath for a positive decision). You’ve got your work cut out for you.