+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter for proof of funds when there is more than enough!

AlishaP

Dec 1, 2021
Hi All,

i received a procedural fairness letter for lack of funds. I have been told to submit updated bank statements. However when combining me and my spouse funds (who is accompanying) we have more than enough funds but seems the officer only went through my account details disregarding spouse account and the letter mentioning i have access to spouse funds (found through gcms notes).

How should we reply to this email? Should we mention about the previous submissions along with updated bank statements?

funds in my accounts along will not be sufficient so either way i have to use spouse account as well.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Not sure if you're aware of this, but getting a procedural fairness letter means you're getting a small window to respond to the case officer before your application gets rejected. It means they have a reasonable doubt about your answers or documentation and they consider your application should be rejected. Are you 100% sure they disregarded your spouse's account because of a mistake, and not because you haven't sent them the right documentation? This is not the time to take generic advices from strangers on the internet who don't know the details of your application. Unless you know what you're doing and know how to answer correctly the letter, if I were you I'd hire an experienced immigration consultant/lawyer to help you review your case with all the exact details.

Reactions: oinkario

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi All,

i received a procedural fairness letter for lack of funds. I have been told to submit updated bank statements. However when combining me and my spouse funds (who is accompanying) we have more than enough funds but seems the officer only went through my account details disregarding spouse account and the letter mentioning i have access to spouse funds (found through gcms notes).

How should we reply to this email? Should we mention about the previous submissions along with updated bank statements?

funds in my accounts along will not be sufficient so either way i have to use spouse account as well.
I would go for a professional advice if I would have been in your shoes. You should not risk your case now.

AlishaP

Dec 1, 2021
Not sure if you're aware of this, but getting a procedural fairness letter means you're getting a small window to respond to the case officer before your application gets rejected. It means they have a reasonable doubt about your answers or documentation and they consider your application should be rejected. Are you 100% sure they disregarded your spouse's account because of a mistake, and not because you haven't sent them the right documentation? This is not the time to take generic advices from strangers on the internet who don't know the details of your application. Unless you know what you're doing and know how to answer correctly the letter, if I were you I'd hire an experienced immigration consultant/lawyer to help you review your case with all the exact details.
I went through gcms notes and i can clearly see the officer has taken into consideration only my account. The reason was when it was submitted (AOR) the amount in my account was enough and it was well over the limit, however due to recent currency fluctuations and depreciations the limit was not met since recent months. Initially eligibility was passed too, but again upon review, this was raised as an issue when the limit was not met (as per gcms notes)

I do have a complete list of docs which was submitted during AOR and can confirm 100% that i have submitted all the docs related. Also the pf letter clearly mentions that the funds were not enough and had no concern mentioned of docs i have submitted. Can you please suggest what's the best course of action/way to reply.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Like others said, this is not something anyone on the forum can solve. But if you are sure that this is what happened, perhaps you can write a letter of explanation describing the situation, adding that they should also take into account your spouse's account (if this is allowed - I am not sure). Tell them how you told us: at the time of the application, the account had enough money, but over time, because of the currency fluctuations, it is under the limit at the moment. However, there are also funds on my spouse's account, and those two accounts together have enough money.

Submit your bank account information again, and your spouse's account. Do the math for them if needed (clearly write: my account X money, plus spouse Y money, equals XY, which per instructions is enough for the size of our family).

However, take these things into account:
1) Nobody here is a lawyer and we can't give you proper advice
2) Check if they do, indeed, accept spouse accounts (I am not sure how it goes)
3) Do you have access to your spouse's account (is it a joint account? That might help).

AlishaP

Dec 1, 2021
Like others said, this is not something anyone on the forum can solve. But if you are sure that this is what happened, perhaps you can write a letter of explanation describing the situation, adding that they should also take into account your spouse's account (if this is allowed - I am not sure). Tell them how you told us: at the time of the application, the account had enough money, but over time, because of the currency fluctuations, it is under the limit at the moment. However, there are also funds on my spouse's account, and those two accounts together have enough money.

Submit your bank account information again, and your spouse's account. Do the math for them if needed (clearly write: my account X money, plus spouse Y money, equals XY, which per instructions is enough for the size of our family).

However, take these things into account:
1) Nobody here is a lawyer and we can't give you proper advice
2) Check if they do, indeed, accept spouse accounts (I am not sure how it goes)
3) Do you have access to your spouse's account (is it a joint account? That might help).
thank you for the valuable advise. I do know no one's a lawyer here and can give proper advice, just wanted to check if anyone had a similar situation and if so what cause of action was taken.

Yes, as per guidelines, we can use spouse account as long as they are accompanying and provided a letter stating that i can use their money (which i did submit). Further, spouse account is not a joint account.

It seems my solution would be to both top-up my account and also state the oversight.

If there's anymore insight anyone could provide i would very much be grateful.

Rupinder brar

Feb 3, 2020
Hi All,

I am in Same situation, please contact me

AlishaP

Dec 1, 2021
For anyone still following this. We submitted the updated bank statements along with a detailed letter of explanation stating the oversight. We never received any acknowledgment/reply but instead received remedicals few days after submission and seems the concerns were resolved.

Thanks everyone for your valuable advices/suggestions. Highly appreciate it!

Reactions: Lola34 and scylla