+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Canada Job aspire

Jun 26, 2020
Their excuses are just crazy at this point
I had a chance to talk to an attorney regarding dependent travelling to join with spouse in Canada on the grounds of family reunification - she told a visa officer will use this clause only if he thinks the travel is really necessary say like spouse is having medical issues and needs dependent to be near him or any other conditions that make visa officer think the travel is really necessary. And this applies to all kind of applications, SOWP , TRV, PR(Spousal sponsorship) and PR(combined like our cases), and they are receiving numerous travel plea request on reunification grounds everyday. Now coming to our case, if they release the COPR, we will also be able to claim our spouse travel on this ground as dependent joining with permanent resident, however this will add more burden to the already strained "travel exemption clearance" process . So looks like they are putting all our applications on hold despite they clear all the stages and waiting for CoPR release. Talked to IRCC officer yesterday on this. She also confirmed the same if not directly but indirectly saying since travel ban is still there, they are waiting for clearance on that note to make the final decision in your application. Sad reality. One thing I was told is even when Canada decides to lift travel ban, they are not going to let all inside Canada at once, rather they may follow Europe process of introducing vaccinated passports where one who is completely vaccinated will be allowed to enter country. So all you can do in is try getting your spouse/dependents vaccinated with 2 complete doses back in the country as that should not be coming as another blocker when travel ban is lifted and CoPR is released. Stay positive! Stay Safe!

AJ199101

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
I ordered GCMS note, AOR Dec 2020, Eligibility, Criminality, Info Sharing - ALl Passed. However, seeing the below notes in GCMS.
Name : Covid 19 Apr Pending OS Dependent
Other Sub Type Description :- COvid 19
Other Reason Description : for application that cannot be finalized because of OVS accompayning family members @legalfalcon Could you please help here
What is your program you applied under ?

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
I had a chance to talk to an attorney regarding dependent travelling to join with spouse in Canada on the grounds of family reunification - she told a visa officer will use this clause only if he thinks the travel is really necessary say like spouse is having medical issues and needs dependent to be near him or any other conditions that make visa officer think the travel is really necessary. And this applies to all kind of applications, SOWP , TRV, PR(Spousal sponsorship) and PR(combined like our cases), and they are receiving numerous travel plea request on reunification grounds everyday. Now coming to our case, if they release the COPR, we will also be able to claim our spouse travel on this ground as dependent joining with permanent resident, however this will add more burden to the already strained "travel exemption clearance" process . So looks like they are putting all our applications on hold despite they clear all the stages and waiting for CoPR release. Talked to IRCC officer yesterday on this. She also confirmed the same if not directly but indirectly saying since travel ban is still there, they are waiting for clearance on that note to make the final decision in your application. Sad reality. One thing I was told is even when Canada decides to lift travel ban, they are not going to let all inside Canada at once, rather they may follow Europe process of introducing vaccinated passports where one who is completely vaccinated will be allowed to enter country. So all you can do in is try getting your spouse/dependents vaccinated with 2 complete doses back in the country as that should not be coming as another blocker when travel ban is lifted and CoPR is released. Stay positive! Stay Safe!
Thanks for this. Your vaccine advice is really helpful. I am confident that even if Canada eases the travel restriction, they will only allow fully vaccinated people in. Thanks

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
I do have a PHAC approval for my spouse and a doctor’s filled out note that she should travel. I applied her TRV based on PHAC approval. They denied. I have submitted the same in my PR file stating she is exempted to travel. Still nothing.

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Reactions: mrugs.jani

talgat1101

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Hi! My wife is pregnant. She needs to be here in Canada with me. We gonna apply for Visa to her and write it in the letter of explanation . Do you think officer will give Visa?