+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Preliminary approval - passport alternative

Lynxz

Mar 30, 2010
My wife is a failed refugee claimant, she is sponsored by me, inland, we have received a preliminary approval. The problem is (there has to be a problem, right?) the CIC have requested for valid passport, witch is not surprising. She was twelve when she had crossed the border, she never had a passport. Now, we have requested for a passport from the Georgian consulate, but they cannot confirm her identity with her birth certificate! Are there any alternatives for the passport? What can we do?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Phone the CIC help line and ask about what to do. I'd phone twice, talking to two people, because you don't always get the same answer.
There are options for people who are stateless - and who don't therefore have a passport. First try the help line.

F

filydiak

if she have her parent old passport or somebody in gerogia who can do the afidavit or school record or request her record from georgia passport issuance agency by providing them her birth certificate then they can pull her old passport file then she can use this to reissue a new one