+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PREGNANT AND STRESSED......need to sponsor the baby's irish daddy HELP

canirish

Jan 12, 2010
Hello. Im canadian and currently with an irish man for 2 years. I recently came back to canada because i am 5 months pregnant. I m trying to get my boyfriend here from ireland. we are going to get married so i can sponsor him. Is sponsoring hard to do? how long does it take? any helpfrom anyone would really be appreciated. Is it expensive? sorry im just more then stressed right now being pregnant and wanting to be with my boyfriend but this is soooo hard. He will be here for the babys birth and we might get married then but i just need these few questions answered and maybe a little advice as well.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
canirish said:
Hello. Im canadian and currently with an irish man for 2 years. I recently came back to canada because i am 5 months pregnant. I m trying to get my boyfriend here from ireland. we are going to get married so i can sponsor him. Is sponsoring hard to do? how long does it take? any helpfrom anyone would really be appreciated. Is it expensive? sorry im just more then stressed right now being pregnant and wanting to be with my boyfriend but this is soooo hard. He will be here for the babys birth and we might get married then but i just need these few questions answered and maybe a little advice as well.
Hi and welcome! Yes this is a extremely difficult and time consuming process. It can be costly but if you have the time, average intelligence and no mitigating factors you should be able to forgo most major costs by starting with all the documentation on the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp.

No one, including myself, likes to hear it but the best chance for success is an application after marriage. The other two family class options are conjugal or common-law depending on your circumstances. Start by reading every single pdf linked document at the bottom of that page, until you think you could quote it in your sleep and then start working on your application. When you get confused, or doubtful (and you will so don't feel badly) come back and ask questions.

The more straight forward the application, the easier time you'll have of it. Good luck!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
you will have all good chances to have your application approved once you get married. did you actually live together for the past two years?

canirish

Jan 12, 2010
no we havent been able to live together for more then 6 months. we met in australia when we were on holiday visa..me being from canada and him from ireland....he then came to canada but went back to ireland after 3 months..i followed him over on an irish working holiday visa and was there fro 4 months until i came back without him because i got pregnant by him of course. so yea we havent lived to gether long enough to be considered common law.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
canirish said:
no we havent been able to live together for more then 6 months. we met in australia when we were on holiday visa..me being from canada and him from ireland....he then came to canada but went back to ireland after 3 months..i followed him over on an irish working holiday visa and was there fro 4 months until i came back without him because i got pregnant by him of course. so yea we havent lived to gether long enough to be considered common law.
If you get married and your future husband confirms that he's the father of the child I can't see how they'd have any problems with your case... :)

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Swede said:
If you get married and your future husband confirms that he's the father of the child I can't see how they'd have any problems with your case... :)
But that may delay the application Suin, no? If he wants to come here for the baby's birth then shouldn't he come as a visitor before the application is filed. If he tries to come after the application is filed would he not have a greater risk of being assessed as 'not going to leave' and then rejected.

popo

Jul 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
14-01-2010
If you havent lived together for more than 6 months I would get married.
the application process will cost you about a grand Canadian, plus medical fee and police check.
If everything is filled out completely, honestly and clearly your application shouldnt take TOO long.. but I am only speaking from personal experience. My common law partner included EVERYTHING into our application, paid out everything completely and spent months putting it all together.. the hard work pays off. After 3 months, we received a request for his passport! (LONDON)

This may not be in time for your babies birth, but he can always come as a visitor for that. I would apply from Ireland tho- seems like it is quicker that way.
Either way, good luck!

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
popo said:
If you havent lived together for more than 6 months I would get married.
the application process will cost you about a grand Canadian, plus medical fee and police check.
If everything is filled out completely, honestly and clearly your application shouldnt take TOO long.. but I am only speaking from personal experience. My common law partner included EVERYTHING into our application, paid out everything completely and spent months putting it all together.. the hard work pays off. After 3 months, we received a request for his passport! (LONDON)

This may not be in time for your babies birth, but he can always come as a visitor for that. I would apply from Ireland tho- seems like it is quicker that way.
Either way, good luck!
Yes, you definitely want to apply outland through London!