+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre Arrival Services question

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi! I want to register for the pre arrival services while waiting for PPR. There is a specific question about my current occupation. I am self employed (business where neighbors connect to my internet connection) but none on the dropdown list of occupation matches my work now.

What should I choose on the list then? Should I just choose unemployed?

Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi! I want to register for the pre arrival services while waiting for PPR. There is a specific question about my current occupation. I am self employed (business where neighbors connect to my internet connection) but none on the dropdown list of occupation matches my work now.

What should I choose on the list then? Should I just choose unemployed?

Thank you!
It's really not that material, just decide - you either pick an occupation closest to what you do, or unemployed if you wish.

It won't affect your app, the pre-arrival services are separate and for your benefit.

Reactions: Sarah0018

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
It's really not that material, just decide - you either pick an occupation closest to what you do, or unemployed if you wish.

It won't affect your app, the pre-arrival services are separate and for your benefit.
Thanks for the response.

Homemaker or Unemployed are my options because none on the list is close to my work. I also want to ask if Homemaker means housewife?

Also there are three choices for immigration status when registering for Pre Arrival Services
1. Principal applicant
2. Spousal applicant
3. Dependant family member (preparing for work in Canada)

Im not sure why cant I pick principal applicant on the choices of immigration status. Its not clickable. Only Spousal and Dependant Family Member is clickable.

I will appreciate your response.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the response.

Homemaker or Unemployed are my options because none on the list is close to my work. I also want to ask if Homemaker means housewife?

Also there are three choices for immigration status when registering for Pre Arrival Services
1. Principal applicant
2. Spousal applicant
3. Dependant family member (preparing for work in Canada)

Im not sure why cant I pick principal applicant on the choices of immigration status. Its not clickable. Only Spousal and Dependant Family Member is clickable.

I will appreciate your response.
Don't know, you'll just have to figure it out.

Reactions: Sarah0018