+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR who lives outside canads

AshTouba

Jul 13, 2017
Libya
Category........
Hello Dears;

I have a Canadian permanent Resident card since 2 years ! But fortunately I lives with my wife and children under 10 years who have a Canadian citizen out of canda .

How could that effect on my Resident status?
I mean , Is that period could be calculated as I am physically present in canada ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello Dears;

I have a Canadian permanent Resident card since 2 years ! But fortunately I lives with my wife and children under 10 years who have a Canadian citizen out of canda .

How could that effect on my Resident status?
I mean , Is that period could be calculated as I am physically present in canada ?
All explained here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA

You are fine to maintain PR status whilst accompanying a Canadian Citizen but cannot claim that time outside of Canada towards citizenship given for that you need to actually be physically in Canada.

AshTouba

Jul 13, 2017
Libya
Category........
Thanks for replaying!

But in case for renewed card, is that possible to renew out side of canada?

Our country situation is very bad and difficult to move to canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for replaying!

But in case for renewed card, is that possible to renew out side of canada?

Our country situation is very bad and difficult to move to canada?
No - you can't. You'll need to wait until you have returned to Canada to renew your PR card.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
HI I was granted conditional PR last year , i landed december last year , and at end of January i came back to my work in home country conditionl PR (it indicates that you “must cohabit in a conjugal relationship with your sponsor or partner for a continuous period of 2 years after the day on which you became a PR”)

but i return back and continue working , my partner received my PR card but she is not sending me by courier so then i can return back , but as we all know conditional PR condition is no more apply so , we have two kids togather , am i still PR as when i return back from canada at that time condition still not yet remove .

please advise your suggistion

AshTouba

Jul 13, 2017
Libya
Category........
HI I was granted conditional PR last year , i landed december last year , and at end of January i came back to my work in home country conditionl PR (it indicates that you “must cohabit in a conjugal relationship with your sponsor or partner for a continuous period of 2 years after the day on which you became a PR”)

but i return back and continue working , my partner received my PR card but she is not sending me by courier so then i can return back , but as we all know conditional PR condition is no more apply so , we have two kids togather , am i still PR as when i return back from canada at that time condition still not yet remove .

Hopefully, I could understand your situation!

You got your PR ! Ignoring if you got your card or no ! As you said ! Your partner recived your card and she did not resend to you !

Look !
See your resones why she did not sent the card ! Firstly

If she refused that !
Contact with CIC ! Explain the situation
Best of luck

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Hi Seniors,

I landed Canada as a PR , then right after receiving my PR card , I flew back to my country of residence; PR Card is valid until 5 years. My question is that ; Is it compulsory for me to re-enter Canada every year ? anyways; I am planning to return back to Canada in the 2nd year itself. But someone told me that after receiving the PR card and leaving canada , I should re-enter canada before one year of traveling back to my country of residence ...

Please respond..

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

I landed Canada as a PR , then right after receiving my PR card , I flew back to my country of residence; PR Card is valid until 5 years. My question is that ; Is it compulsory for me to re-enter Canada every year ? anyways; I am planning to return back to Canada in the 2nd year itself. But someone told me that after receiving the PR card and leaving canada , I should re-enter canada before one year of traveling back to my country of residence ...

Please respond..
It is not compulsory.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
But someone told me that after receiving the PR card and leaving canada , I should re-enter canada before one year of traveling back to my country of residence ...
This is completely wrong. This person doesn't know what they are talking about.

You can stay outside Canada for just under 3 years and still be fine in terms of residency obligation.

raphmih

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Hello everyone,

I hope I'm in the right thread. I need seniors advice. I am a landed immigrant since Oct 1, 2012. Same year in December I went out of Canada and was helping out my parents to settle in new country in Europe. But in order to to lose my status I came back to Canada in September 2015 and started my own life here. I got job, in the meantime I went and visited my parents, got engaged in of the trips, in another married and now Im sponsoring my spouse, already medicals were requested. Currently I am studying master program in Canada, full time. But it turned out I need to go again, I wasn't planning, due to some personal reason (one of the parents diagnosed diabetes) my ticket is back on when my classes start. I was counting all those days carefully. My PR card expires in the end of Nov 2017. But on Oct 1, 2017 I will be PR status (5 years). So if I was counting days carefully I will meet 734 days in last 5 years by Oct 1, 2017. I am meeting the minimum requirement to keep the status but what if I calculated mistakenly, what if CIC will report? How does this work? Any advice that is related would be highly appreciated.

The documents that I will take with me in order not to get into trouble are like, my student cards, rent agreement, sponsorship of my spouse, the PR card renewal proving document (I started to renew my PR card 6 months before it gets expired), and all relevant documents like reference letters from my previous job (I was a teacher at school).

Please advice the right forum or thread if I'm in the wrong spot.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are sponsoring your spouse for PR, you should not leave Canada for more than three weeks. One of the requirements for sponsoring your spouse is that you be physically in Canada since you are a PR. If you leave for an extended period of time and CIC finds out, you are risking having your spousal sponsorship application refused due to non-residency.

To answer your question, if you make a mistake in your calculations and you don't have enough residency days when you apply to renew your PR card, the you should expect the PR card renewal to be refused and for CIC to revoke your PR status and tell you to leave Canada. You need to make sure you have enough days when you apply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Although the conditional PR program has now been eliminated you didn't follow the rule while the program was still in place and live with your spouse. I see this as the bigger issue.