Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
Hi All,

Does anyone know if a PRTD is valid for one entry only or can be used multiple times?

Thanks

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
It's ok found the answer, valid for one entry only normally.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
COPRQuestion said:
Hi All,

Does anyone know if a PRTD is valid for one entry only or can be used multiple times?

Thanks
Can be multiple times too under some circumstances:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5529ETOC.asp

Read the details under: What if I am living outside Canada on a long-term basis?

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
thecoolguysam said:
Can be multiple times too under some circumstances:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5529ETOC.asp

Read the details under: What if I am living outside Canada on a long-term basis?
Thanks for that, I don't have my PR card yet and had to apply for a PRTD. Problem is I may have to travel back to Canada and out again before my PR card is ready and I was trying to avoid applying for another PRTD if possible

Paulsessions

Oct 25, 2016
Hi I have a question about the travel document application . On #19

-humanitarian and compassionate grounds-
"If the visa office determines that you do not meet the residency obligation, are there humanitarian and compassionate considerations that would justify the retention of your permanent resident status? If applicable, also include humanitarian and compassionate considerations relating to the best interest of a child who may be directly affected by this residency determination. Use an extra sheet of paper if you need more space."

Should this be answered in a formal setting. Or just write:

"I went back to the Philippines to finish my studies, to have a better life. And to be reunited with my parents because I haven't seen them for years. Unfortunately when it is time to go back, my father got sick, he had a heart attack, got stroke and with diabetes too. I have to take care of him for a while since it was only my 60yrs old mother that is a school teacher, that is with him. We can't afford to hire a private nurse, for it is very expensive. I also need to help them financially as well, so i spent all my savings already and thank God that he got better. I have a 12 years old daughter canadian citizen since birth, living in Mississauga, I have her birth certificate, passport and baptismal certificate records included in this application. My dad spent all his time working in Saudi Arabia since I was little because of the hard life here in Philippines. I only see him 1month in every two years for the past 30 years of my life, it has been really hard for me, it,s like racing time to spend with him. This is what I am afraid of. My daughter to experience this kind of situation. I really want to go back to Canada, to give her what my father can't give me. To give her my overall support, love, and care and watch her to be the kind of person she wants to be. I want to see her grow up. She's all that matters. I hope you can consider my request for it will mean a lot not only to me but for my daughter as well."

Please help me admin. Thank you.

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
Paulsessions said:
Hi I have a question about the travel document application . On #19

-humanitarian and compassionate grounds-
"If the visa office determines that you do not meet the residency obligation, are there humanitarian and compassionate considerations that would justify the retention of your permanent resident status? If applicable, also include humanitarian and compassionate considerations relating to the best interest of a child who may be directly affected by this residency determination. Use an extra sheet of paper if you need more space."

Should this be answered in a formal setting. Or just write:

"I went back to the Philippines to finish my studies, to have a better life. And to be reunited with my parents because I haven't seen them for years. Unfortunately when it is time to go back, my father got sick, he had a heart attack, got stroke and with diabetes too. I have to take care of him for a while since it was only my 60yrs old mother that is a school teacher, that is with him. We can't afford to hire a private nurse, for it is very expensive. I also need to help them financially as well, so i spent all my savings already and thank God that he got better. I have a 12 years old daughter canadian citizen since birth, living in Mississauga, I have her birth certificate, passport and baptismal certificate records included in this application. My dad spent all his time working in Saudi Arabia since I was little because of the hard life here in Philippines. I only see him 1month in every two years for the past 30 years of my life, it has been really hard for me, it,s like racing time to spend with him. This is what I am afraid of. My daughter to experience this kind of situation. I really want to go back to Canada, to give her what my father can't give me. To give her my overall support, love, and care and watch her to be the kind of person she wants to be. I want to see her grow up. She's all that matters. I hope you can consider my request for it will mean a lot not only to me but for my daughter as well."

Please help me admin. Thank you.
Sounds like you're in a bit of a pickle. If you want you can write the above.

However, if you want my honest advice I would stick to the facts. I really don't know what immigration are like with H&C cases, but you can imagine they read a lot of stories. I don't think tugging at their heart strings will work. State the facts, explain why you haven't been able to return and why you need to go back now. Structure it in a way that's easy to read rather than a rambling prose where the sentences all role into one.

Good luck, I can't comment on whether you'll be successful but your daughter is there and that must count for something.