+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Spousal under H&C

Grumpyoldman

Jul 31, 2024
My wife is Canadian and we applied for a PR for me from within Canada. At the time I was given a work permit and lived and worked in Canada from 19-21. In 21 my PR was rejected due to criminal inadmissibility. We then got a lawyer and refused with H&C considerations.

This past June we were rejected again because the officer determined that while our marriage was valid (we now have two children together), I am one year away from being eligible for rehabilitation. Since we have managed to make a long distance relationship work, we should be fine doing it for another year and should use a TPR to get by for the next year or I should relocate my family to the USA if it’s that important for my children to be with me.

However the only living and known grandparents my children have are Canadian and I don’t want to separate my wife from her family. Having grown up without parents myself and my wife’s parents being older and having health issues, we would prefer to spend as much time around them and help out as much as possible. I have asked my lawyers to appeal the decision.

What is the appeal process like and how long does it normally take? How successful are these types of appeals? Lots of stress so any advice would be helpful

Grumpyoldman

Jul 31, 2024
Also, due to maternity leave and stuff like that I have been in the US the past 2 years working as a truck driver to provide for my family and entering back and forth into Canada. Recently though I have been denied entry due to the criminality just for further info.

Grumpyoldman

Jul 31, 2024
Your case is specific enough that I doubt anyone could give you better answers than the lawyers you are paying.
Yeah absolutely. I was more so looking for information about IAD appeal or direct to judicial review. My lawyers are recommending the judicial review without attempting IAD appeal first. I don’t know how long the judicial review process takes and what the success percentages are on it. I appreciate the response never the less.

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Yeah absolutely. I was more so looking for information about IAD appeal or direct to judicial review. My lawyers are recommending the judicial review without attempting IAD appeal first. I don’t know how long the judicial review process takes and what the success percentages are on it. I appreciate the response never the less.
Join this group on WhatsApp and they’ll help you to navigate through the appeal process.