+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Processing Times

ginnnyw

Oct 30, 2017
Hi everyone! My dear husband inadvertently allowed his PR card to expire, with our honeymoon just months away. Sigh. Are the processing times shown on IRCC's website usually pretty close to reality? And they haven't updated it for 3.5 weeks despite it saying it's updated weekly, is it possible it jumps drastically when they do finally update it?

The processing times shown on the website puts us at Dec. 27th (received Oct. 25). Our current departure date is Jan. 1st but we are looking at changing it to Jan. 22, which would be 89 days after they received it, to make sure we have it. More than enough time including mailing time? (Assuming no secondary review of course but he's well within RO and nothing complicated about his application, so fingers crossed).

Hope that all makes sense. Thanks in advance. :)

P.S. He's applying for citizenship ASAP, but that doesn't solve our current problem lol.

audrey h

Nov 2, 2017
I´m in the same boat. My PR card will expire in a week and I have booked an overseas trip with my husband during the Christmas season. I also sent my Canadian citizenship application in july, so far only a letter of aknowledge that has been received.

Does anybody know how long take to renew your PR card?

ginnnyw

Oct 30, 2017
I ended up pushing our honeymoon back to mid-February which gives us 117 days, should be fine lol. It was updated and now says 66 days but I still have no idea if they are usually within that time frame or if it's semi-common for it to take longer. I will update when we get an answer in a couple months but that won't help you by then I guess...

ginnnyw

Oct 30, 2017
Hi all! Just thought I'd share my timeline now that ours is complete. :)
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 24, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 10, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 10, 2018.
  4. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 10, 2018. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 12, 2018.
Citizenship should be done this year, so hopefully we never have to do this again. ;)

Best of luck, everyone!