+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR-Renewal--indefinite delay

jass89

May 31, 2009
Hello

I have applied for my self for the renewal of my PR card
As my job involves lots of traveling, in spite of that i have managed to complete the two years, my Passport carry lots of visa stamps and in -out entry of lots of country
submit the application in 16th Dec.2009
received the letter in March 2010 from Canadian Immigration asking for the photocopies of my passport , My PR CARD already expired in March 2010
now again received letter on 20th July 2010 that they are transferring my case to local Canadian Immigration office for further assessment which means indefinite delay

can any one recommend me what to do or recompensed any good lawyer/consultant who can sort it out

Please help what to do???/

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Perhaps you can send a email to the owner of this forum, Immigration Lawyer David Cohen.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jass89 said:
Hi Thanks for your prompt reply
can you please give me his contact details or how to reach him
Here: http://www.canadavisa.com/contact-canada-immigration-lawyers-advice-on-canada-immigration-visas.html

jass89

May 31, 2009
Hi

Sent the email but there is any other ways where i can check the reason or status and whats the next step they are looking

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will probably call you in for an interview at some point. You can go to your local office to ask them what their timeline is for those.

Jan 1, 2011
First i would to say hellow and Happy new year ,,

Me was landed to Canada at 16 July with my family (my husband and my child) , I called The CIC office to give them the mailing address for us, Then I went back; together with my family; to Saudi Arabia for the work contract of my husband

The First problem that i didn't receive any information regarding the PR cards of my PR and my child. What i should do now??

We call the friend of my husband in canada and asq him to inform about the PR card of my child from cic because my child not an adult : they asq him to call after 6 months from 21/07/2010 They mean 21/01/2011 and some of the PR cards may be lost when they send it by mailbox ,and if the PR card did not reach in this period we must obtain the travel document to re issue the processing of PR card again

And that case of my child is the same of my case what can I do now ?? I will try to call the cic office in 21/01/2011 to inform about my PR card &my child If they asq me to re enter to canada

But I can’t travel and live in Canada this period with my child to re issue the PR card because my work as an architect with my husband in Saudi Arabia and his work as a doctor and we Plan to travel through the next three years

In this case what can I do ??

The second problem iam asq about the risk of my case and my child if I hold the travel to canada (re enter ) two years with no PR card and when will we travel we will obtain the travel document If this possible ??

my husband and he obtained his PRcard by mail box for us in Canada in 15 october in 2010 can we get the travel document to re enter to Canada me and my child with my husband when he travel to Canada may be after two years

finally How long can I spend out side Canada with no pr card ?? is that risk

please answer me ,,

waiting your reply

eng,marwa gouda

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR card or not, you are still PR if you landed as a PR. You have to meet the PR residency requirements which means that you can not stay outside Canada more than 1095 days total (3 years) in your first 5 years as a PR or any 5 year period after that. As long as you still meet the residency requirements, you can apply for a travel document when you are ready to go and settle in Canada and once you are in Canada, you can apply to get a PR card.

Jan 1, 2011
Thank you for reply ,,
Iam worry about
How to re enter to canada again and if my case is risky or not??
when we call the friend of my husband and asq him to call cic visa office they reply The PR card by mailling address may be lost or delay despite my mailling address and my husband is the same ????
What did they mean about delay by send it by mail box ?? is this pr card lost or what ??
what about the re issue proceed the PR card ??is that risk for me to delay this re issue

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sometimes PR cards take months to arrive. In some cases within the same family as well. There is nothing you can do except wait and see.

If they don't come, there is nothing to worry about. Like I said before, you are still PR and as long as you meet the residency requirements, you can get the travel document when you are ready to go to Canada for good.

Jan 1, 2011
[size=10pt]
Iam landed in 16/07/ 2010 the date of today 12/11/2011 and in 21 /01/2011 It has been a period of about 6 months this extended I think it's a very long and sufficient
do you see that waited for two months again ??? :mad:

the secound question
- if the allowed period to apply for a travel document maximum one year after landing is that true????
please can any one answer meeeee????? please
can i apply for a travel document when iam ready to go and settle in Canada ANY TIME means that I can not stay outside Canada more than total (3 years) in your first 5 years
IN THIS CASE MY PERIOD IS MORE THAN ONE YEAR AFTER LANDING ???
CAN I APPLY FOR ATRAVEL DOCUMENT AFTER 3 YEARS??????
OR MAXIMUM ONE YEAR AFTER LANDING????
PLEASE HELP MEE​

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for a travel document as long as you meet the residency requirements. You may be outside Canada for up to 3 years in each 5 year period.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you still meet the residency requirements, you can apply for a travel document. You an be outside Canada for up to 3 years (1095 days) in your first 5 years as a PR. Same goes for your husband and child. If you left soon after landing, you must apply for your travel document before July of 2013. Better earlier than later because you have to give the embassy time to issue the travel document and after they issue it, you still have to have enough time that you can go to Canada while you can still meet the residency requirements.