+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Process while Work permit in Process.

viaayasa

Jun 25, 2010
I need help on the move to Canada process. My Employer is processing the work permit currently. I started the PR process few months back and the application came back with some correction to be done. When I filled the form for Work permit , i didn't mention that I am processing the PR because it came back with correction. Now I want to continue the PR process.

Will there be any issue on Work permit process as well PR process ?

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
There won't be any issue...unless you have file number its not considered as processing.....so you are good....

viaayasa

Jun 25, 2010
Thanks for the update.

I forgot to mention, Actually when I sent the application first to the intake office in canada, They asked me to send to Buffalo, NY and gave me Immigration file number, after that I have processed further. Will that be a problem ?

viaayasa

Jun 25, 2010
Thanks for the update.

I forgot to mention, Actually when I sent the application first to the intake office in canada, They asked me to send to Buffalo, NY and gave me Immigration file number, after that I haven't processed further. Will that be a problem ?

OrangeC

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->NewYork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
17-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2010
LANDED..........
01-11-2010
viaayasa said:
I need help on the move to Canada process. My Employer is processing the work permit currently. I started the PR process few months back and the application came back with some correction to be done. When I filled the form for Work permit , i didn't mention that I am processing the PR because it came back with correction. Now I want to continue the PR process.

Will there be any issue on Work permit process as well PR process ?
I had applied for a work permit while my PR was in process and I had received the file number from Buffalo. But unlike you I clearly mentioned in the work permit application that I have applied for PR with 0213 NOC code. I didn't want to risk them validating it and finding out that I wasn't truthful. (Remember, you sign at the end of the form attesting that whatever you mentioned in the form is true!).

If you read my previous posts, you will find that I had no issues in obtaining the work permit. I am in Canada right now.

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
mine is also similar...I am in Canada right now...

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dual Intent

Dual Intent refers to the concurrent processing of an application for Permanent Residence and an application for Temporary Status, therefore demonstrating the intention to both reside in Canada permanently and only temporarily, at the same time.
Although this may appear contradictory at first glance, in fact it is possible. Imagine, for example, the following scenario:

An individual submits an application for a Canada Immigration Visa. Before receiving the Canada Immigration Visa, the individual wishes to visit Canada for a short time and applies for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), or appears at the Port of Entry, if a national of a TRV exempt country. This is perfectly acceptable as long as the individual intends to leave Canada at the end of the visit.

The same principle applies to individuals who are in the process of applying for a Canada Immigration Visa and wish to obtain a temporary Work Permit or Study Permit.

An individual whose application for Permanent Residence in Canada is pending is subject to the same requirements as others when seeking entry into Canada temporarily. The individual should therefore have a reasonable purpose for entry, be prepared to leave Canada at the end of the temporary stay and understand that if a Canada Immigration Visa is issued, he or she must leave and re-enter Canada in order to officially land as a Permanent Resident.

An application for Temporary Status may be scrutinized more closely when a Permanent Resident application is under review, as there is an obvious intention to settle in Canada permanently. If the individual's ties elsewhere can be demonstrated, however, an application for Temporary Status should succeed.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls Visit This page

http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-faq-introduction.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-work-in-canada-faq.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-work-permit-aranged-employment.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/immigration-canada-dual-intent.html

4. Can I apply for a Temporary Work Permit and a Canada Immigration Visa?

Yes, you can. You may apply for a Temporary Work Permit on its own or in combination with an application for a Canada Immigration Visa. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) recognizes the concept of "dual intent" whereby, you desire to work in Canada temporarily and thereafter reside and work in Canada permanently.

3. Can I apply for Permanent Resident status and Temporary status at the same time?

You can apply for Permanent Resident status and Temporary status at the same time. Canadian Immigration policy recognizes the concept of dual intent.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Refer topic

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t42406.0.html

You have to inform both the way.

Whenever you fill PR application or any form related to PR, If it ask about your work permit, write there you have also applied for work permit also.

When you fill the forms for work permit and ask about your PR application, write there you have also applied for Canada Permanent Visa in Federal Skill Worker Category.