+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR or STUDENT VISA? PMM and others please read!

MaXimuS

Dec 5, 2008
Hi like the topics i posted here i have some questions to better clear some things for me and my critical situation here in canada.

Let me refresh you with my situation... I got here in Canada as FSW, unfortunately, i got laid off, heres one thing i forgot to mention in the previous topics that i did... I am a registered physiotherapist from the philippines but my FSW visa is a glazier. now, i know that my profession (as a physiotherapist) is in the 38 list... should i apply for PR already?... secondly, i tried to apply for a course (rehabilitation assistant) in one of the colleges here in BC and i got admitted and they will provide me with all the documents i need to help me with my application for a student visa... my point is PR = 6 to 12 months to process while SP (student permit) = 3-4 months to process. and my WP will be expiring this july, so basically if ill apply for PR, i would need to go home after my WP expired, but if ill apply for SP i will have my results say may or june of this year. so which one is better for me to do and what are my chances of getting approved by the immigration officer? thanks for your responses...

maximus

helpmeimmigrate

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
HI THERE,

BUDDY BELIEVE ME YOU APPLY FOR STUDENT PERMIT , GET THE STUDENT PERMIT AND THEN APPLY FOR PR, SO BEFORE YOUR STUDENT PERMIT EXPIRES YOU WILL BE A PR

MaXimuS

Dec 5, 2008
thank you very much helpmeimmigrate for your response. you think thats the best option i have with my case? i think thats what i will try to do and hope for the best...

cheers everyone!

maximus