+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR first landing issue

fangsongti

Dec 6, 2023
Hello, I am a new PR got passports including PR visas and COPRs for myself and all family members: spouse, and two children early this month. Docs will be expired in November. I was the principal applicant.

Just curious what would be the consequences if some family members failed landing before expiration date or even they give up to entering Canada? Is there any impact to those family members who have already entered before docs expiry?

Appreciate if anyone know this situation.

fangsongti

Dec 6, 2023
Thank you for your response. Do you mean they will have to apply for new travel docs or new PR application?

I found a paragraph in passport request doc below,

Carefully note the COPR expiry date in the YEAR/MONTH/DAY format. You and your dependents must arrive in Canada to establish permanent residence before that date. Those with expired visas/COPRs who still wish to immigrate to Canada will have to submit a new application, pay new processing fees, and qualify under rules that are in force at that time.

There will be no consequences for those who have already entered.

For those who don't, they will have to apply for new docs.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your response. Do you mean they will have to apply for new travel docs or new PR application?

I found a paragraph in passport request doc below,

Carefully note the COPR expiry date in the YEAR/MONTH/DAY format. You and your dependents must arrive in Canada to establish permanent residence before that date. Those with expired visas/COPRs who still wish to immigrate to Canada will have to submit a new application, pay new processing fees, and qualify under rules that are in force at that time.
The answer is in the text you quoted:
"Those with expired visas/COPRs who still wish to immigrate to Canada will have to submit a new application, pay new processing fees, and qualify under rules that are in force at that time."

fangsongti

Dec 6, 2023
Ok, thank you!

The answer is in the text you quoted:
"Those with expired visas/COPRs who still wish to immigrate to Canada will have to submit a new application, pay new processing fees, and qualify under rules that are in force at that time."