+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Justhopeful17

Jul 28, 2023
Hi all, I hope someone could give me an advice.

I am waiting for ecopr since September 10 and my studies will end on December.
Is it okay to apply for PGWP once I finished my studies just so I will be on an implied status while waiting for ecopr?

lilmsfoodie

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Hi all, I hope someone could give me an advice.

I am waiting for ecopr since September 10 and my studies will end on December.
Is it okay to apply for PGWP once I finished my studies just so I will be on an implied status while waiting for ecopr?
I actually have the same concern. The problem I have though is my studies will not be finished until next year so if IRCC doesn't extend the full-time work for students or if I don't receive the ECOPR soon I am going to have a problem with my current work.

Justhopeful17

Jul 28, 2023
I actually have the same concern. The problem I have though is my studies will not be finished until next year so if IRCC doesn't extend the full-time work for students or if I don't receive the ECOPR soon I am going to have a problem with my current work.
I am also in the same position. I can actually choose to continue my studies or choose to do fast-track studies. If I'm going to continue my studies, then I won't be eligible to work for more than 20 hours as well. That's why I'm choosing to do fast-track then apply for pgwp so I can work more than 20 hours.

lilmsfoodie

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
I am also in the same position. I can actually choose to continue my studies or choose to do fast-track studies. If I'm going to continue my studies, then I won't be eligible to work for more than 20 hours as well. That's why I'm choosing to do fast-track then apply for pgwp so I can work more than 20 hours.
Hope we get our ECOPR soon.

Jul 5, 2023
Is it possible to change the address after portal 2 since its taking a lot of time and i have to move to another address. Or they will deliver it to mentioned address in p2 ? I am scared if i change it they will restart my process ( p2 on sep 10)