+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
@Sheika Yes, the VFS accepts the ready for Visa letter as the directions in there are for the dependent although it is addressed to the principal applicant. The ready for visa letter I received had my name in the beginning and had clear directions for my wife who is the dependent asking to submit the passport. I had called IRCC and the agent told me to submit the passport even though my part of the processing (I am inland, portal emails) is not initiated. It is important as the passport request letter validity is 30 days and if the dependent waits for PA's landing, the letter will expire and a new letter has to be requested, which will add lot of time to the process. I read somewhere in some threads that passport was sent back as PA was still not landed, but I went ahead and submitted my wife's passport in India as I did not want the letter to expire. AS it says in the letter, dependent should wait for landing until the PA is landed - I think getting a COPR for dependent is not landing, and the dependent is considered landed at the port of entry when they use the COPR to enter the country. I might be wrong but this is my understanding. I have raised a webform requesting virtual landing for myself. Its been 5 days and I still haven't heard anything. I am planning to send an email to CPC-Ottawa requesting virtual landing as it is my primary VO.

Last edited:

Sheika

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
@ArunKK Thankyou for the detail explanation, I have received my RFV letter on 22nd July and sent a webform for them . Im still waiting for my landing procedure to start , haven’t received any mail yet .my VO office is Sydney , how do you get to know the mail id for the VO office

dingkoy

Jun 18, 2024
Winnipeg MB
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
26-08-2024
Nomination.....
24-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-05-2024
My consultant received the P1 email from IRCC at the address: IRCC.ClientPortalEast-EstClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. Since I, as the principal applicant, need to respond, I sent a new email to that address with the subject "PR Confirmation" and included the requested information. Instead of letting the consultant reply to it or attaching the email received by consultant

Should I have forwarded the email from my consultant instead? I’m worried my approach might cause an issue. @dingkoy your insight would be greatly appreaciated
as far as i know they dont respond to the emails that are not registered to their system. im not sure if your email or the consultant emails is registered to them IRCC. i see a familiar scenario same as you the automated reply system detected the new email address as invalid not registerdted in the system.

nzkko

Star Member
May 13, 2024
as far as i know they dont respond to the emails that are not registered to their system. im not sure if your email or the consultant emails is registered to them IRCC. i see a familiar scenario same as you the automated reply system detected the new email address as invalid not registerdted in the system.
No, the consultant is not allowed to reply on your behalf. You need to send the email yourself, doesn't matter if you reply or create a new one. I did that (applied through a lawyer) and it worked fine.

dingkoy

Jun 18, 2024
Winnipeg MB
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
26-08-2024
Nomination.....
24-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-05-2024
No we did it together but I gave her email id for contacts.
since your the main applicant and your wife as your dependent you should have 1 application.
it would confuse the IRCC if the same name with same application it will take longer for security verification, background check.
if she receive another p1 email it seems she has another application separate for her???

dingkoy

Jun 18, 2024
Winnipeg MB
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
26-08-2024
Nomination.....
24-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-05-2024
No, the consultant is not allowed to reply on your behalf. You need to send the email yourself, doesn't matter if you reply or create a new one. I did that (applied through a lawyer) and it worked fine.
i think it would be fine if IRCC recognize the email you use to reply the P1 requirements.

VSPNP

Apr 15, 2024
Hello all,

I have been waiting for P2 since June 10, 2024, attempted KAI 3 times since then.

Is there anyone in the same situation?

VO Montreal.