+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR cards: Does it really take six weeks to mail it?

fanfanzi

Sep 2, 2024
Hi there, wonder if you have received your PR card yet?

understandable, ive worked at Canada post as a mail driver and speaking from experience to how the stuff goes down on the daily. The people hired aren’t half trained as much you’d expect. I’m also aware of losing the pr card being my fault the “first time” so if I can blame myself then surely blame someone who can’t figure out where my mailbox is at.

“Noob” also just means a freshie and inexperienced. And based on the sort of coworkers I’ve had it’s fair to call most of them a noob. There are countless articles about it too, feel free to google along the lines of “Canada Post lost my parcel” or peep an AmA by an employee.
Cheers.

fanfanzi

Sep 2, 2024
Is anyone here a first-time PR applicant? I received my COPR and landed in Toronto at the end of June. Then, they notified me that my PR card was returned in early August, so I provided my mailing address again. But till now, I haven't received the PR cards.

I wonder if there is any way I could check the status of whether they were mailed out or not. Any suggestion? Or if I call them, will they tell me the status?

Much appreciate!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Is anyone here a first-time PR applicant? I received my COPR and landed in Toronto at the end of June. Then, they notified me that my PR card was returned in early August, so I provided my mailing address again. But till now, I haven't received the PR cards.

I wonder if there is any way I could check the status of whether they were mailed out or not. Any suggestion? Or if I call them, will they tell me the status?

Much appreciate!
You can link your PR card application to your GCKey. Once you encounter the issue of wrong PR card delivery, it can take upto 2-3 months for them to send your PR card.

araman

Sep 13, 2024
It actually took around 7 weeks. Just make sure that the address is correct and double-check with IRCC. If it is, it will probably arrive but might be late.
hello! what day exactly did you get your pr card? i've been waiting for more than 6 weeks. ircc said they mailed my card on august 1 and i haven't recieved anything. i double checked with ircc and my address was right

araman

Sep 13, 2024

Much appreciate!
i suggest calling them. i applied for a pr card replacement and they told me that they mailed my card on august 1, 2024 but i haven't recieved it in the mail either! getting really worried. i double checked my address with them and its correct