+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Nov 28, 2020
Reactions: shashi_b

MelTranel

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Congratulations!

Looks like 5 month is new normal for PR card issuance now.
For Etobicoke office thats what we see now.

I have seen in other threads people from Kitchener and Niagara Falls recieved their cards in few weeks timeline.

It would be great if files could be reallocated to those offices that are not that busy...

Reactions: shashi_b

Andyscm15

Feb 29, 2020
HI All, I have applied for TRV and waiting for request for Passport. In the meantime I got COPR approval Is it ok to still continue with the TRV Application?
As such getting PR cards is taking time and If the TRV is approved / Passport is stamped Can I travel to India and come back on TRV Visa.

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
HI All, I have applied for TRV and waiting for request for Passport. In the meantime I got COPR approval Is it ok to still continue with the TRV Application?
As such getting PR cards is taking time and If the TRV is approved / Passport is stamped Can I travel to India and come back on TRV Visa.
nope, you need a PR card or PR travel document

NAS29

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
PR Confirmation Portal In my case, I received an email to confirm my and my dependent presence in Canada last week from Etobicoke. I responded to that email and received another email the next day with a PR Portal link to upload photos and confirm my address. I have done that and waiting for further updates. In PR Portal it says it with review with IRCC.

Do you know how long it will take for further updates?

sam2328

Apr 26, 2021
Once your PR is approved. Your work permit is void. So TRV won't be approved when your immigration status is validated to be a PR holder. For any immediate travel you can use your COPR copy and while returning to canada get the PRTD(Permanent Resident Travel Document) before your travel. If you get your PR card before that then there won't be any need of PRTD.

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
Hello Everyone:

Could someone help with my case:

Etobicoke, COPR Feb 3, photo sent on Feb 4 and Feb 21 by regular mail, cannot track.

Sent twice just in case they did not receive them.

Do you know when the PR card will be approved as I will have a trip ver soon this month, thank you.
in july or august, have the same timeline. Hopefully by august 20 we will get our cards,
If your trip is urgent you can send them the photos again with the sign URGENT and explanation letter,
If IRCC approves it you might get your PR card within 6 weeks.

Last edited:

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
Hey, thanks for the reply, I sent them an email about my urgent explanation, they do not approve urgent processing for a first PR card, they said it is already urgent for obtaining the first card. Hopefully, my photo was not lost by regular mail. July or August? This is sooo long, almost half a year.
If you don't mind me asking what sis you write in explanation letter, thinking about doing the same

Andyscm15

Feb 29, 2020
nope, you need a PR card or PR travel document
Thank you for your reply..

So, If I Understand it right, I cannot travel if my TRV is approved. I have to wait for my PR Card or PRTD to come back to Canada. Do I have to cancel my TRV Application request?

Andyscm15

Feb 29, 2020
Once your PR is approved. Your work permit is void. So TRV won't be approved when your immigration status is validated to be a PR holder. For any immediate travel you can use your COPR copy and while returning to canada get the PRTD(Permanent Resident Travel Document) before your travel. If you get your PR card before that then there won't be any need of PRTD.
Ok thank you....

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Thank you for your reply..

So, If I Understand it right, I cannot travel if my TRV is approved. I have to wait for my PR Card or PRTD to come back to Canada. Do I have to cancel my TRV Application request?
In my case the law firm who applied for work permit said that, they can't apply for TRV once PR status is granted because PR status triumphs other status.

Are you apply by yourself? in that case better to check with IRCC before applying.