+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card Renewal

Dec 11, 2014
Hello all,

I had applied for PR card renewal in September 2023 and I had to leave the country for emergency reasons and while outside Canada, I was asked to resubmit my picture and I submitted application again from out of Canada. All was well until I got email from IRCC in February 2024, asking for supporting documents which included, my passport copies including blank pages, entry exit records and employment/ education documents. I had sent all the above documents and IRCC received them. Again in June 2024, they have asked me again Same documents as supporting documents.
I have a question now, I had businesses in last 5 years of application, should I have to inform IRCC about these businesses aswell this time? I am confused why they are asking the same documents again. Also i see they have mentioned barely that I might not meet 59(1)(c) . Please help me if someone has faced this issue.
Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I had applied for PR card renewal in September 2023 and I had to leave the country for emergency reasons and while outside Canada, I was asked to resubmit my picture and I submitted application again from out of Canada. All was well until I got email from IRCC in February 2024, asking for supporting documents which included, my passport copies including blank pages, entry exit records and employment/ education documents. I had sent all the above documents and IRCC received them. Again in June 2024, they have asked me again Same documents as supporting documents.
I have a question now, I had businesses in last 5 years of application, should I have to inform IRCC about these businesses aswell this time? I am confused why they are asking the same documents again. Also i see they have mentioned barely that I might not meet 59(1)(c) . Please help me if someone has faced this issue.
Thanks
Have you returned to Canada?

According to paragraph 59(1)(c) of IRPR, an officer shall, on application, issue a new PR card if the applicant complies with the requirements of sections 56 and 57 and subsection 58(4) of IRPR. Common reasons for incomplete applications include, but are not limited to, the application not containing:

• The addresses of all places of residence during the previous five years.
  • All periods of absence from Canada during the previous five years.
  • The names and addresses of employer(s) and educational institution(s) attended during the previous five years.
If you did NOT include the information regarding your business, this could be what is causing the issue.

Dec 11, 2014
Have you returned to Canada?

According to paragraph 59(1)(c) of IRPR, an officer shall, on application, issue a new PR card if the applicant complies with the requirements of sections 56 and 57 and subsection 58(4) of IRPR. Common reasons for incomplete applications include, but are not limited to, the application not containing:

• The addresses of all places of residence during the previous five years.
  • All periods of absence from Canada during the previous five years.
  • The names and addresses of employer(s) and educational institution(s) attended during the previous five years.
If you did NOT include the information regarding your business, this could be what is causing the issue.
Thanks Ponga for your information.

Still I have a question? Do my PR status will cancel if they reject my application? for this reason? Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Ponga for your information.

Still I have a question? Do my PR status will cancel if they reject my application? for this reason? Thanks
In theory, if your PR Card renewal application is denied, it will be the beginning of the process to revoke your PR status. It is not automatic and would take some time, but you should do everything you can to get the renewal approved! Confer with a qualified lawyer if needed.

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Hello everyone I am in dilemma situation that I and my wife we both are pr holder of canada and now living in our home country. I am doing govt job and I am vet doctor by profession
I am confused weather we shd move to canada by leaving my govt job or not as I have to clear license exam for being a s vet in canada and although I'm in initial stage of licensing exam I passed 2 stages and left with 2 stages of exam. My wife is teacher and she applied for licnesning also and in final stage of document submission for being licensed as teacher.
In our family we have our 1 child also for whom we have to apply sponsership as he is born out of Canada. We are left with only 1 year time till expiry of our pr card.

Anyone please give your consideration point which way we shd move. Although I know it shd be personal decision but I think sometime when we dont find a clear view where we shd go we shd ask for help may someone guide help us.
Thanks and Regards

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone I am in dilemma situation that I and my wife we both are pr holder of canada and now living in our home country. I am doing govt job and I am vet doctor by profession
I am confused weather we shd move to canada by leaving my govt job or not as I have to clear license exam for being a s vet in canada and although I'm in initial stage of licensing exam I passed 2 stages and left with 2 stages of exam. My wife is teacher and she applied for licnesning also and in final stage of document submission for being licensed as teacher.
In our family we have our 1 child also for whom we have to apply sponsership as he is born out of Canada. We are left with only 1 year time till expiry of our pr card.

Anyone please give your consideration point which way we shd move. Although I know it shd be personal decision but I think sometime when we dont find a clear view where we shd go we shd ask for help may someone guide help us.
Thanks and Regards
Although you still have one year left on your current PR Card, you may already be out of compliance regarding the Residency Obligation to maintain PR status.

The card expires; the status does not. However...

If you have been living outside of Canada for more than three years, you are out of compliance.