+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal

canvi

Feb 20, 2013
Hello Delcan, You sent me me a message but I can't send personal messages to anyone on this forum.
I hope you see this message. If you see it, please reply here on this forum, so that I know.

For me it took nearly 25 days to get travel document. But usually it takes only 10 business days (sometimes less). The reason for delay in processing my application is due to the fact that CIC staff were on strike at that time. I am not sure if the strike is still going on. You can call consulate office in NewDelhi to find out if the stirke is still on.
There will not be any issues to enter Canada with travel document,as you already have met all conditions for PR and landed successfully. You only travel document to enter Canada (no other documents such as income proof, employment etc...). As many other people say, you should carry "Confirmation of Permanent Residency" just in case.
When I landed in Toronto, the customs officer asked "on which visa, I am coming to Canada". I mentioned that "I am coming to Canada using travel document".
The other thing is that "Customs officer" in India airport at the time departing, didn't understand what type of visa, I have. I explained to him that it is travel document. Then he stamped my passport. There will not be any issues to enter Canada with travel document. Just make sure you have some id proofs/marriage certificate, as customs officer can ask for proof of ids if they want to.

Please remember that you can't apply for visitor visa once you became PR. If you apply for visitor visa (to enter Canada) instead of Travel document, your application will be returned. I am sure about this.

greencard15

Jun 10, 2013
Finally my PR card renewal application is approved after 9 months. How will this lead to my citizenship application which was also kept pending for decision on PR card renewal. Appreciate your views

greencard15

Jun 10, 2013
Now that I got my PR card approved, I was expecting CIC to contact me on pending Citizenship application from Sept 2009. I was called for test in 2011 Feb but given a RQ on the same day. Completed the RQ in May 2011. When I called CIC earlier, they mentioned that the review is completed and pending interview of CJ. Then the issue was PR renewal and advised that the CIC ( Citizenship section) waiting on PR renewal. Now that PR is renewed and called the call center, I'm given different answers;

1) first time they said, I need to give three months from PR renewal
2) second time - after three months, they sent an email to CIC seeking a response on delay
3) third call - they mentioned having received a response from CIC stating that the file is under review

I'm not sure what else I could do to expedite the 5 year old file.

Appreciate any guidance.