+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal question

Jvondarling

Apr 6, 2023
I am currently working on my PR card renewal online. I became a permanent resident in 1974 when I came here with my parents. It keeps saying “please verify the date you became a PR”… it says that it has implications with the fact that in the last five years I was in Mexico once for a 13 day trip. I have tried everything and have no idea how I would go about verifying the date I became a PR and it will not let me complete the form. Very frustrating for sure!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am currently working on my PR card renewal online. I became a permanent resident in 1974 when I came here with my parents. It keeps saying “please verify the date you became a PR”… it says that it has implications with the fact that in the last five years I was in Mexico once for a 13 day trip. I have tried everything and have no idea how I would go about verifying the date I became a PR and it will not let me complete the form. Very frustrating for sure!
You can apply for a verification of status document specifying you need the information from the Record of Landing.

Of course, if you have the original record of landing (from 1974) or a copy, it should have the date on it.

Jvondarling

Apr 6, 2023
Thank you for posting the link for me! I actually have a verification status letter, as my original landing papers are so old you can barely read them. I uploaded them onto the IRCC PR application site but it is still saying that my application isn’t complete. I have only been out of the country for that 13 day trip in 2019 so I’m not sure why it is still saying that my original immigration date affects that. This is my third PR card renewal and I’ve never had this issue before

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for posting the link for me! I actually have a verification status letter, as my original landing papers are so old you can barely read them. I uploaded them onto the IRCC PR application site but it is still saying that my application isn’t complete. I have only been out of the country for that 13 day trip in 2019 so I’m not sure why it is still saying that my original immigration date affects that. This is my third PR card renewal and I’ve never had this issue before
Could very well just be a glitch, that many others have experienced recently. It seems that the online portal is less than perfect and many people are having all sorts of issues. For most, the `Incomplete application' message just disappears...for no reason. Hopefully, you will have the same result.

Reactions: Jvondarling

SagasLiz

Feb 14, 2024
Were you able to figure this out, I am having the same exact issue. All my dates are correct.