+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Delayed - VERIFICATION in process - Anyone in the same boat ?

agill34

Jul 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 24, 2014
AOR Received.
January 15, 2014
Med's Request
January 15, 2014
Med's Done....
January 28, 2014
Passport Req..
July 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
Waiting
My question is not related to this thread. But because you all have already been through the process. So I though you guys might have some answer.

I was wondering if it will be okay to quit my job after landing, even though I wouldn't have my PR card yet. I don't like my job and want to quit it ASAP.

ImmigrantNew

Jun 7, 2014
I would like to thank SSR and Sarayu for your valuable feedbacks. Will keep calling and see what happens. KaramatNajeeb, it will be high appreciated if you would kindly update us all once you get yours (before losing interest in this thread). It would help us all assess our times.

Ali: To answer your question, you can contact them by calling +1 (613) 944-4000 and then select Oyoptions 1, 2, 1, 2. It is an expensive proposition from UAE (yes we were living there before moving) as the call would be at least 15 minutes long if you are lucky and do not get disconnected. But it is worth the price as your son can get in trouble for checking on your behalf unless you have officially authorized him through the requisite form submission. We have a son in Univ. of Waterloo as well who got his on time.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
Ali78 said:
Dears

I have made calls to CIC through help of friends etc. However, consistently I have been informed by agents that "everything is OK but since its under verification hence no timeframe can be given". Also, they continuously inform about Travel document applying from the embassy of the country we live. In our case its UAE.

I gave full address at the time of landing plus updated online also later. If anyone who got cards after short landing can share their experience. I think they are delaying for those who left early? Is this assumption true? If yes, than Travel doc is the only option left I guess.
Re " i think they are delaying for those who left early " , it's difficult to say anything. If it was true then they would have issued PR cards for my son who didn't leave with us and staying in Canada.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
I had given mailing address at the time of landing and it was noted by the immigration officer on the original copy of landing record by himself. In addition to that, on following up with CIC , they confirm to have our mailing address.

Do I still have to update address online ?.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
ImmigrantNew said:
I would like to thank SSR and Sarayu for your valuable feedbacks. Will keep calling and see what happens. KaramatNajeeb, it will be high appreciated if you would kindly update us all once you get yours (before losing interest in this thread). It would help us all assess our times.

Ali: To answer your question, you can contact them by calling +1 (613) 944-4000 and then select Oyoptions 1, 2, 1, 2. It is an expensive proposition from UAE (yes we were living there before moving) as the call would be at least 15 minutes long if you are lucky and do not get disconnected. But it is worth the price as your son can get in trouble for checking on your behalf unless you have officially authorized him through the requisite form submission. We have a son in Univ. of Waterloo as well who got his on time.
Can assure that I will keep updating on my case.

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
karamatnajeeb said:
I had given mailing address at the time of landing and it was noted by the immigration officer on the original copy of landing record by himself. In addition to that, on following up with CIC , they confirm to have our mailing address.

Do I still have to update address online ?.
I think its better if you fill it online too as it shows in their system directly as manual entries during landing can have mistakes. I also gave mailing address which is evidently written by hand from the office on our COPR. I think only those who stayed there have got their PR cards and short landing guys are all in trouble. If not all then, well, majority ones indeed are?

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
ImmigrantNew said:

Thanks for the valuable assistance. Will call them this week again but I guess they will reply me with same "under verification" explanation. Also the agent told me to get Travel document as I asked them "what if a person needs to travel". Hence it seems to be a better option now as we need to move before schools begin there. Does anyone have any experience of travel document from UAE? If so, pls share as most of the threads on this website relating to travel doc are old.

ImmigrantNew

Jun 7, 2014
Ali78 said:
Thanks for the valuable assistance. Will call them this week again but I guess they will reply me with same "under verification" explanation. Also the agent told me to get Travel document as I asked them "what if a person needs to travel". Hence it seems to be a better option now as we need to move before schools begin there. Does anyone have any experience of travel document from UAE? If so, pls share as most of the threads on this website relating to travel doc are old.
Two years ago, a friend of mine had to apply for it for his youngest daughter as there was a problem with her picture. He got it in a week. It may be taking longer now.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
karamatnajeeb said:

[/quote

Finally a ray of hope. Today when my son followed up with CIC about PR Cards, he was put on hold for approximately 15 minutes but later the officer apologizing for putting him on hold for long said ' the varification process has been completed and estimated time for the cards to reach your address is about 4 weeks'. He further asked him to call CIC in case cards are not received within 4 weeks. Let's hope that we receive PR within the given time.

So the lesson for the friends who have their files under varification is that they should not loose patience and keep chasing CIC.
It also strengthen the believe that the varification is CIC's internal process and not against the candidate.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
karamatnajeeb said:

[/quote

Finally a ray of hope. Today when my son followed up with CIC about PR Cards, he was put on hold for approximately 15 minutes but later the officer apologizing for putting him on hold for long said ' the varification process has been completed and estimated time for the cards to reach your address is about 4 weeks'. He further asked him to call CIC in case cards are not received within 4 weeks. Let's hope that we receive PR within the given time.

So the lesson for the friends who have their files under varification is that they should not loose patience and keep chasing CIC.
It also strengthen the believe that the varification is CIC's internal process and not against the candidate.
Hi karamatnajeeb,

That's great news. For your information, CIC will tell us it takes about 4 weeks....but usually we get them maximum within 4 business days...in your case you should get the PR card by next Wednesday my estimation is correct.

Yes guys, don't be panic...don't loose your patience and you will get the cards soon.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
sarayu said:
Hi karamatnajeeb,

That's great news. For your information, CIC will tell us it takes about 4 weeks....but usually we get them maximum within 4 business days...in your case you should get the PR card by next Wednesday my estimation is correct.

Yes guys, don't be panic...don't loose your patience and you will get the cards soon.

Thanks.
Sarayu.
Thanks Dear, I am more happy after reading your message " CIC will tell us it takes about 4 weeks ........ but usually we get them maximum within four 4 business days".

Thanks
Najeeb

ImmigrantNew

Jun 7, 2014
Najeeb:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

One more out of the boat. So now it is only me left. I know you landed on March 20th. Do you by any chance know when did your case go for verification. Or alternatively if anyone in your family got it earlier, what was the date. This will help me kind of get an idea on days in Verification

Once again congrats and all the best

Regards
:)

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
ImmigrantNew said:
Najeeb:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

One more out of the boat. So now it is only me left. I know you landed on March 20th. Do you by any chance know when did your case go for verification. Or alternatively if anyone in your family got it earlier, what was the date. This will help me kind of get an idea on days in Verification

Once again congrats and all the best

Regards
Thanks, in fact our followup with CIC started in early June and we were told about varification on our first call to CIC. We are a family of five and all of us had landed together and left Canada on third April except my son who remained there. None of us has earlier received Cards.

Regards
Najeeb

ImmigrantNew

Jun 7, 2014
Interestingly we are also a family of 5 who landed together on April 3rd and left on April 18th. Our eldest son also stayed back as he is going to University there. But we received 2/5 cards including one for my son in Canada

jiangzhou

Jul 14, 2014
I totally understand your worrisome provoked by the terrible service of cic. Our family landed on May 12,2014. I and our son received our Pr card after 8 weeks, but not my wife who is the principal applicant. We called cic calling centre in the 8th week they put a note in my wife'file. But the processing centre did not update
her file after 3weeks! yesterday I called cic again, they told me my wife's file needs additional review. My wife had an urgent and short travel to China. The delayed PR card processing have postponed her flight schedule once. Obviously she have to modify her return schedule again. For the modifications of her schedule, we have lost almost 1000$.

I do not understand the cic issue policy for the new PR card. Since the CIC approve our PR application why they need to take so long time to issue a PR card, a proof of PR status. For the loss causes by the terrible cic service , I plan to file a lawsuit to fight my right as a legal PR to get a PR card and having the right to travel and return Canada.

We are the same victims of the stupid cic policy. We need work together to against the terrible cic service!