+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application with just a job offer

lopezangela079

Jun 26, 2016
I am an international student who just got a full-time, permanent job offer. However, I have no prior skilled work experience.

Can I still apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
lopezangela079 said:
I am an international student who just got a full-time, permanent job offer. However, I have no prior skilled work experience.

Can I still apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program?
No, the requirement for FSWP is to have at least 1 year of continuous full-time work experience.

You'll be able to apply when you've fulfilled this, or in CEC, 12 months of full-time work experience.

You may want to check if you can qualify for a provincial nomination program with this job offer.

lopezangela079

Jun 26, 2016
Yes, I have read those requirements. At the same time, I don't think it is really as simple as saying that not meeting these exact requirements mean zero chance at all. If that were the case, why would there be immigration lawyers? Lawyers are good at presenting the case in a way that is acceptable.

bellaluna said:
No, the requirement for FSWP is to have at least 1 year of continuous full-time work experience.

You'll be able to apply when you've fulfilled this, or in CEC, 12 months of full-time work experience.

You may want to check if you can qualify for a provincial nomination program with this job offer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
lopezangela079 said:
Yes, I have read those requirements. At the same time, I don't think it is really as simple as saying that not meeting these exact requirements mean zero chance at all. If that were the case, why would there be immigration lawyers? Lawyers are good at presenting the case in a way that is acceptable.
Perhaps in your country. But in Canada, lawyers can't change the rules or laws. Even if you use the best immigration lawyer possible, your application will be refused because you don't qualify to apply. So yes, it is that simple.

Also, be aware that your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA in order for your job to be classfied as a job offer under Express Entry and obtain the 600 points. If you just have a full time and permanent job under your PGWP - this won't be counted as a job offer for Express Entry.