+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application under Experience Class was denied

Tam81

Mar 20, 2014
My PR application under Experience Class was denied as I am 1 month short on reconsider experience. I have on open work permit issued until April 2015 based on my PR application. Is this still valid?
I live in Alberta and we are looking at applying for PR under the Provincial Nomination. Will being denied affect this?

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
Tam81 said:
My PR application under Experience Class was denied as I am 1 month short on reconsider experience. I have on open work permit issued until April 2015 based on my PR application. Is this still valid?
I live in Alberta and we are looking at applying for PR under the Provincial Nomination. Will being denied affect this?
So sorry to hear that, man :(

Can you provide us with more details? A lot of stuff depends on WHY you got denied. Can you copy and paste the letter you received? Obviously delete any personal info before posting it.

Tam81

Mar 20, 2014
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience

Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

 temporary resident status during the period of work experience in Canada and any period of full time study or training,

 meeting the minimum language proficiency threshold in either English or French, and  qualifying Canadian skilled work experience.

Your application was assessed based on the occupations which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: Front Office Manager (NOC: 0632) and Reservations Supervisor (NOC: 6313)

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement(s) because you have failed to accumulate one year of experience in skill level O, A or B occupation of National Occupational Classification. In reaching this decision, I considered that your application for permanent residence in Canada Experience Class was received at this office on December 02, 2013 i.e. qualifying period to assess the experience from December 02, 2010 to December 01, 2013. According to Schedule 8, you worked as Reservations Supervisor (NOC: 6313) until April 15, 2011 i.e. a total of 4.5 months from start of qualifying period (December 02, 2010). You also worked as Front Office Manager (NOC: 0632) at Union Bank Inn from April 16, 2011 to October 27, 2011 i.e. a total of 5.5 months. All other experience gained during qualifying period was in skill level “C” occupation (NOC; 1411). You have, therefore, accumulated a total of 11 months of qualifying experience.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
It looks like the reason you got refused is a simple math mistake on your side. It looks like it. Can you tell me what you claimed to be your 12 months of CEC experience? I am a little bit confused reading the officer's explanation, therefore just list the time and NOC codes you claimed.

If I am not mistaken, and it is a simple math problem on your side, you should reapply with your 12 months fully done, I imagine you have completed 12 months by now.

Seniors correct me if I am wrong...

Tam81

Mar 20, 2014
They are basing it on my hotel management which I no longer do. What I do now is administration that is a category you can not use. My employer is looking under he Alberta Skilled worker.
I am worried the bridging work permit issued until APRIL 2015 may not be valid as my PR has been denied.....

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Tam81 said:
They are basing it on my hotel management which I no longer do. What I do now is administration that is a category you can not use. My employer is looking under he Alberta Skilled worker.
I am worried the bridging work permit issued until APRIL 2015 may not be valid as my PR has been denied.....
Nope don't worry, the permit is god until the date stated in the permit.

Will you wualify before April 2015? If so you can file a new PR application and with the AOR apply for another BOWP with your new AOR.

Tam81

Mar 20, 2014
Thanks.
We are looking into Alberta Provincial Nomination now as we think that will work. Unless the rules change for Experience Class and administration assistants NOC 1211 are eligible to apply then I will not be able to reply under Experience Class

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi,

sorry to hear about your rejection.
your work permit is valid until the date of its expiry so this rejection will not affect it even though it was issued based on a pr application in process and you can continue working with no issue.
being denied for a pr once will not have any impact on your future applications just make sure next time you read the requirements very carefully before you submit your application to avoid this happening again.
good look on your AINP application.

cec_dec2013

Star Member
Dec 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Dec 2013
AOR Received.
05th Feb 2014
Med's Request
02nd July 2014
Med's Done....
03rd July 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
25th July
Tam81 said:
Did you receive MR or did you pay the RPRF fee and then they rejected?