+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application - Spouse to confirm physical presence in Canada

jjj230718

Jul 18, 2023
Hello,

I am the main applicant - my spouse is outside Canada. But at the time I submit the application, my spouse was in Canada visiting me but just after 1-2 days he went back and stay outside Canada until now.
I have already received email asking me to confirm my physical presence in Canada and received PR portal to upload photos & address,

However one day an IRCC officer called me and asked for my spouse physical presence in Canada - she said our PR application is now put on hold until my spouse and I confirm physical presence together in Canada. I am worried if this would affect our PR application as we haven't received the COPR yet- now I just got the PR portal.

Has anyone experienced such situation?

Thank you.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

I am the main applicant - my spouse is outside Canada. But at the time I submit the application, my spouse was in Canada visiting me but just after 1-2 days he went back and stay outside Canada until now.
I have already received email asking me to confirm my physical presence in Canada and received PR portal to upload photos & address,

However one day an IRCC officer called me and asked for my spouse physical presence in Canada - she said our PR application is now put on hold until my spouse and I confirm physical presence together in Canada. I am worried if this would affect our PR application as we haven't received the COPR yet- now I just got the PR portal.

Thank you.
Are you being sponsored by your adult child under PGP? Did you update your spouse's address as in Canada?
I've never heard of this unless it's inland spousal sponsorship. But since both you and your spouse are becoming PR (you said she is in Canada visiting you, so she doesn't live in Canada... ), it's not inland spousal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Thank you.
You are required to update IRCC about any changes of address. Did you apply for inland or Outland sponsorship? If you applied for inland processing but your spouse left Canada that could mean that your application can be denied. How long has your spouse been out of Canada and did you apply for inland or outland sponsorship. You can apply for Outland sponsorship while applying from Canada if you know that you won’t be remaining in Canada during the sponsorship period. Living together could also be proof of your relationship so if you aren’t living together that isn’t proof (doesn’t mean you won’t be approved).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You are required to update IRCC about any changes of address. Did you apply for inland or Outland sponsorship? If you applied for inland processing but your spouse left Canada that could mean that your application can be denied. How long has your spouse been out of Canada and did you apply for inland or outland sponsorship. You can apply for Outland sponsorship while applying from Canada if you know that you won’t be remaining in Canada during the sponsorship period. Living together could also be proof of your relationship so if you aren’t living together that isn’t proof (doesn’t mean you won’t be approved).
It's not inland and not even spousal - probably not family class at all.

Both spouses awaiting portal - not spousal sponsorship.