+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Kevin Kav

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Could you share the response?
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Etobicoke, Ontario.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you, your spouse and your dependent children.
IRCC is committed to reviewing most permanent resident applications submitted online within a 6-month time frame. Although the delay may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your account.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Etobicoke, Ontario.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you, your spouse and your dependent children.
IRCC is committed to reviewing most permanent resident applications submitted online within a 6-month time frame. Although the delay may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your account.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
Finally, you shared this Kaveh. (joon be laboon kardi :D)
Just kidding!!! Given that you have ADR for military, you had some ghost updates and also they say "background verification", unfortunately, 99.9% you are also in SS. You can order GCMS or CBSA notes to make sure that you are indeed in SS.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018

By the way, who was the agent? Marina?

Kevin Kav

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Finally, you shared this Kaveh. (joon be laboon kardi :D)
Just kidding!!! Given that you have ADR for military, you had some ghost updates and also they say "background verification", unfortunately, 99.9% you are also in SS. You can order GCMS or CBSA notes to make sure that you are indeed in SS.
are you sure about that? if I were not in SS, what they would mention? I think it should be the same. Anyway, I'm really exhausted and hope not be under SS;)

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
are you sure about that? if I were not in SS, what they would mention? I think it should be the same. Anyway, I'm really exhausted and hope not be under SS;)
As I told you I am not 100% sure either, and only GCMS or CBSA notes can tell, but from the situations, I can see a lot of red flags
1) you passed eligibility and criminality and security is left.
2) you are from Iran
3) They asked for your military service.
4) The email is saying background verification is in process
So?
We are all in the same ark unfortunately.

Kevin Kav

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
As I told you I am not 100% sure either, and only GCMS or CBSA notes can tell, but from the situations, I can see a lot of red flags
1) you passed eligibility and criminality and security is left.
2) you are from Iran
3) They asked for your military service.
4) The email is saying background verification is in process
So?
We are all in the same ark unfortunately.
Did you order new GCMS? I am worry it make more complicated.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Did you order new GCMS? I am worry it make more complicated.
Three times already!!!
I know but I thought you know what I am under SS already (bala tar az siai ke rangi nist).
Also, if you are under SS, it means that your file has moved to CBSA and possibly CSIS. The file might be stuck there and not in CIC anymore.
I think taking the risk or not is something personal. You can decide if you want to do it or not.

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Do you know what the procedure of eSS is? How do they check your background at this stage?
I've been in Canada for more than 7 years. Everything about people like me must be on the surface. So, shouldn't be that difficult for them to know who I am! I really don't understand why it takes so long?!

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Do you know what the procedure of eSS is? How do they check your background at this stage?
I've been in Canada for more than 7 years. Everything about people like me must be on the surface. So, shouldn't be that difficult for them to know who I am! I really don't understand why it takes so long?!
Not really. They don't give much info about SS due to security. All I know is that they send the file to CSIS first, and after CSIS did their job, which might take a couple of months, they send it back to CBSA for their perspective as well. Most of the time, our file is just lying somewhere untouched. It takes a lot of time, but no one works on it at all.

For SS, I think they check everything. They even check our info with other countries such as the US, UK, Australia, NZ, and EU (you give them a consent to do so by signing the terms and conditions that nobody reads before submitting the application!). That might be one of the reason why their check takes so long, even though it seems to me that is is just a comparison against a dataset. Also, since they have biometrics, they check all your info such as height, eye color, etc. with all the similar cases in their database. and if by chance, they almost match, then they analyze the case one by one. That is why even sometimes they ask ADR for height, eye color and these information. Sometimes, having similar name with someone with red flag in their database may also cause some trouble.
These are all I know.

I know man. I have been in this country for 5 years and in total, I have applied to CIC 7 times (work permit, PR, study permit, and TRV) They already have all my info. I don't know why they are doing this

Reactions: Marcus12 and aasaf

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
For SS, I think they check everything. They even check our info with other countries such as the US, UK, Australia, NZ, and EU (you give them a consent to do so by signing the terms and conditions that nobody reads before submitting the application!). That might be one of the reason why their check takes so long, even though it seems to me that is is just a comparison against a dataset. Also, since they have biometrics, they check all your info such as height, eye color, etc. with all the similar cases in their database. and if by chance, they almost match, then they analyze the case one by one. That is why even sometimes they ask ADR for height, eye color and these information. Sometimes, having similar name with someone with red flag in their database may also cause some trouble.
These are all I know.
Good info, indeed! Thanks

SBT

Apr 26, 2018
I just received cv request.
I applied through CSQ.
App received in May 15, 2017 (two thousand seventeen)!!
Medical and all the payment were in advance.
No update since that day except one asking for original police certificate !
I just applied from RE
I am also at the same boat. Applied on Feb 2017. Asked for CV on September 2018. I have received my notes and got surprised that they started my security screening on Dec 2018( after 22 months!!!!!!!!!) . With this event I should wait at least for the 3rd year. As much as I know, they perform security screening for all Iranian applicants so I think spending time to carry out that an applicant will go through security screening does not make sense. We should take some actions!!!! At least for inland Quebec skilled workers.,the situation for Iranians is quite difficult. Last year the processing time for Iranian applicants was 24 months and now we see 3 years and more ahead.

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
I am also at the same boat. Applied on Feb 2017. Asked for CV on September 2018. I have received my notes and got surprised that they started my security screening on Dec 2018( after 22 months!!!!!!!!!) . With this event I should wait at least for the 3rd year. As much as I know, they perform security screening for all Iranian applicants so I think spending time to carry out that an applicant will go through security screening does not make sense. We should take some actions!!!! At least for inland Quebec skilled workers.,the situation for Iranians is quite difficult. Last year the processing time for Iranian applicants was 24 months and now we see 3 years and more ahead.
Yes thats not only unfair , but also terrible.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
The waiting time for you guys is insane. Quebec is very notorious for its awful system. And now they just decided to reject 18000 applicants who are stuck at the backlog. I don't think anything can describe the level of hardship that applicants from Iran are going through.

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Ahhh :( It seems to me that there is no choice but to wait. I wish you get your PR soon