+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR Time frame and time taken when you send

kreetchy

Jun 16, 2024
When I do get the PPR request, is there a time frame they allow to send the passport or does it have to be asap? Because I am working abroad in Europe at the moment and need my passport in said country.
Second question would be around how much time do they take before you get your passport back.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
When I do get the PPR request, is there a time frame they allow to send the passport or does it have to be asap? Because I am working abroad in Europe at the moment and need my passport in said country.
Second question would be around how much time do they take before you get your passport back.
If you read through the forum, you'll see that there's a 30 day timeline for most of us to submit our passports. You can also submit your passports in EU, but you'll have to notify IRCC of your address change.

Your last question can't be answered. EU is big, passport stamping timelines vary from one country to another.

Browse the forum and get your answers.

kreetchy

Jun 16, 2024
If you read through the forum, you'll see that there's a 30 day timeline for most of us to submit our passports. You can also submit your passports in EU, but you'll have to notify IRCC of your address change.

Your last question can't be answered. EU is big, passport stamping timelines vary from one country to another.

Browse the forum and get your answers.
No you do not understand my situation. I live in another country, but I have to work for around 1-2 months in Europe. That doesn't mean I changed my address, this is temporary work. So 30 days might not cut it for me, I may need an extension so that I can return to my country and send from there.

About the 2nd question, I'm unsure what you mean by "passport stamping timelines vary from country". Isn't the passport going to canada and getting stamped? Why would a different country matter (unless you talking about travel time? But I thought this was expedited)

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
No you do not understand my situation. I live in another country, but I have to work for around 1-2 months in Europe. That doesn't mean I changed my address, this is temporary work. So 30 days might not cut it for me, I may need an extension so that I can return to my country and send from there.

About the 2nd question, I'm unsure what you mean by "passport stamping timelines vary from country". Isn't the passport going to canada and getting stamped? Why would a different country matter (unless you talking about travel time? But I thought this was expedited)
I know what you mean. If you read through the lines, the suggestion is to let IRCC know that you aren't in your home country would like to get the passport stamped from some other country(unless you expect to be back before 30 days).

My passports weren't sent to Canada, they were stamped in my home country in the Canadian Embassy(IRCC's office).

Reactions: kreetchy

kreetchy

Jun 16, 2024
I know what you mean. If you read through the lines, the suggestion is to let IRCC know that you aren't in your home country would like to get the passport stamped from some other country(unless you expect to be back before 30 days).

My passports weren't sent to Canada, they were stamped in my home country in the Canadian Embassy(IRCC's office).
I see, thanks for the info. I had no idea the passports were stamped in current country, as I did see something about the office expediting the passport to Canada for stamping. In that case perfect, I will enquire this with IRCC if I do receive my PPR at the time that I'm still there.
If it can indeed be stamped over there, then this solves my issue totally.