+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

anirudh1996

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Do they issue PPRs in order of AOR dates (earliest onwards)? Or is it in order of Medical passed date?
He got re-medical request on 26 August, got them done on 14 September.

his previous medicals were supposed to expire on 24 September.

Elizabeth 01

Aug 11, 2020
I do not understand your question or its relevant to Canada PPR. Most of the countries have resumed international flights to at least some capacity.
Currently, immigration into Canada from other countries except US using CoPR issued after March 18 is currently banned.

I am hoping that the restriction is lifted by September 30th.

Feb 23, 2020
My AOR is 2nd Sept 19, and my medicals are supposed to expire on the 17th of september. However I didn't receive neither re-medical request, nor extension of medicals.

Seems thw few PPRs issued lately are all starting from Oct 19.

Reactions: anirudh1996

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi guys,

My AOR is Jan 23. Outland applicant from Sydney, Australia. The VFS office has been open since June but there is still no update. It’s weird that they are conducting more draws every month without closing existing pending applications. Opening of any VFS does not guarantee PPR is guess. Not sure whether to expect anything this year or not.
I agree. I am outland applicant from Japan. VFS is also open here from 8th June and my decision made application has no update since April end. Unless there is some ease in travel restriction, outland applicant will be on hold I guess.

TTG

Sep 22, 2020
Wanted to update the forum. Been reading for a while but first post.
Outland applicant, AOR Jan 21 2020
Biometrics completed in February.
No update on file from May. Residing in Australia.
Both my wife and I are medical doctors with Canadian qualifications.
Received job offers in Canada supposed to start in September 2020. Due to delays and trying to update the health region we sent all the documentation regarding the work offer, plan to isolate, potential flights etc. Received feedback after months of waiting.

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. You request regarding urgency for processing your Permanent Residence application has been reviewed. Your permanent residence applications are currently at the final stages of processing. There are currently no travel exemptions for essential workers for permanent residence applications. You will not be able to come to Canada until the travel restrictions are removed. Exemptions from travel restrictions for essential workers are currently for work permits. You may apply for a work permit for yourself and corresponding permits for family. Your application will be reviewed to see if you meet requirements for essential workers and travel exemptions. "

So guess we will have for borders to open, or apply for work visas which will take months.
Unfortunately I can't imagine borders opening any time soon.

FamilyHilton

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Received job offers in Canada supposed to start in September 2020. Due to delays and trying to update the health region we sent all the documentation regarding the work offer, plan to isolate, potential flights etc. Received feedback after months of waiting.

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. You request regarding urgency for processing your Permanent Residence application has been reviewed. Your permanent residence applications are currently at the final stages of processing. There are currently no travel exemptions for essential workers for permanent residence applications. You will not be able to come to Canada until the travel restrictions are removed. Exemptions from travel restrictions for essential workers are currently for work permits. You may apply for a work permit for yourself and corresponding permits for family. Your application will be reviewed to see if you meet requirements for essential workers and travel exemptions. "

So guess we will have for borders to open, or apply for work visas which will take months.
Absolute madness!! I'm a Registered Nurse in exactly the same position, they've been crying out in Canada for needing additional health professionals over the winter months, yet they don't allow essential workers to travel.

TTG

Sep 22, 2020
Absolute madness!! I'm a Registered Nurse in exactly the same position, they've been crying out in Canada for needing additional health professionals over the winter months, yet they don't allow essential workers to travel.
It does not make sense that you are allowed to travel on a work permit, but not on PR for what they deem an essential service.

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020

this does not seem inspiring. :(

• Angry
Reactions: roonke292

FamilyHilton

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
It does not make sense that you are allowed to travel on a work permit, but not on PR for what they deem an essential service.
I can't even get a work permit, I applied for Outland PR via AINP, never did an LMIA because it wasn't needed for points and most employers just won't do it. As it stands at the moment i've been told if I don't arrive in the next 12 weeks my job offer will be withdrawn, they can't wait forever!

willapp

Mar 20, 2020

As far as I know, people in the US with COPR is exempted from travel restrictions but they are not issuing COPR to anyone either.
So I guess they just don't want immigrants of any sorts at the time.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I do not understand how PR is not essential.