FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
Just to clarify some aspects which may help.

As I had my CBSA notes, I was aware that my application was stuck at the CIO in Sydney Nova Scotia. Therefore, when I raised a webform query (not through the account, but through this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=sydney), I could contact the relevant office as opposed to sending a generalized request that may dissolve in cyberspace.
The strange aspect of this was that though this query went to the VAC in Sydney, Australia and I received a generalized COVID response from them, I also received a response from the CIO, Sydney Nova Scotia.

Note again the following:
1. I was aware of which office to contact
2. I knew details of what had happened on my file, where, when and even the agent number who authorized the same with a relevant document reference number.
3. Knowing that the GCMS system had registered my application as "approved", I provided relevant details to the Visa Office.

I do believe that it was only due to the fact that I knew these things that I got a somewhat relevant response from the specific Office. I am hopeful they will take some action as details that I have are released through CBSA notes. Had I not ordered these notes, I wouldn't know who to contact and would not have had facts, backed up by evidence and reference numbers which even CIC cannot refute.

My suggestion would be to have these details before you contact preferably the relevant office in CIC referring to hard facts, which may elicit a direct response.

That being said, I am still waiting, just like everybody else here. Hopefully this will be resolved in a positive manner.
Hello sir ,
i would request you to help and advice me. CBSA notes are part of the gcms notes or one has to go to a different process to obtain CBSA notes? And how long did it take you to receive your CBSA notes? And I also don't know in which visa office is processing the case. Please guide .
Thanks

2018sky

Jul 19, 2018
Your assumption is quite right. I am ex-military from a regressive third world country and that is most likely the reason I was placed in security screening. Fortunately I served for just five years as a pilot have never been involved in any questionable operations and so my security screening was completed in four months. I just wish that they had completed the rest of the process in time.

I do agree with observations of some that one needn't order GCMS notes once a month or some such. My only submission was (and this is especially true if using an agent) that if you hear nothing for a long time, and I hadn't heard from CIC since May 2019, then perhaps you should order a set of GCMS notes. You never know how close and yet far your application may be to completion. Knowing may spur you to ask a question which can be the crucial nudge required for completion of the process. Else, like me, it could be protracted "limbo".

Do take care all of you and stay safe

Thank you for continuing to share your experience here. I received my gcms notes on Friday. The summary page shows app open & in progress and Security is blank with s15(1) in the corner...could you kindly share your opinion on what the status maybe?

Thank you & Good luck

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Thank you for continuing to share your experience here. I received my gcms notes on Friday. The summary page shows app open & in progress and Security is blank with s15(1) in the corner...could you kindly share your opinion on what the status maybe?

Thank you & Good luck
Hello, please read the link below to better understand the meaning of s15 and s16
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

btzsa

Jul 20, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
08 May 2019
AOR Received.
18 Aug 2018
Med's Request
08 May 2019
Med's Done....
12 May 2019
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
Hello sir ,
i would request you to help and advice me. CBSA notes are part of the gcms notes or one has to go to a different process to obtain CBSA notes? And how long did it take you to receive your CBSA notes? And I also don't know in which visa office is processing the case. Please guide .
Thanks
I ordered my CBSA notes through getGCMS. CBSA notes and GCMS notes are different. You should order CBSA notes in case you suspect that you are under Security Screening. Turn around time for CBSA notes is approximately 40 days through the website. The actual time taken by CIC is 30 days and the service provider keeps a 10 day buffer.
I received my CBSA notes through email. They are pretty efficient and trustworthy.
Just so you know, these notes are available for about 5$ to anyone based in Canada. However, as one is not in country, I had to go through the website. Have a look here:
https://www.getgcms.com/order-now
I ordered CBSA notes as I was aware of the fact that I was under Security Screening. I cannot comment on your specific situation. My advice, order for the standard GCMS notes at first; provides plenty of information. If you find that you are indeed in Security Screening then order CBSA notes after a gap of a few months.
Hope this helps.
Good luck

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

Rajputkaushal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
I ordered my CBSA notes through getGCMS. CBSA notes and GCMS notes are different. You should order CBSA notes in case you suspect that you are under Security Screening. Turn around time for CBSA notes is approximately 40 days through the website. The actual time taken by CIC is 30 days and the service provider keeps a 10 day buffer.
I received my CBSA notes through email. They are pretty efficient and trustworthy.
Just so you know, these notes are available for about 5$ to anyone based in Canada. However, as one is not in country, I had to go through the website. Have a look here:
https://www.getgcms.com/order-now
I ordered CBSA notes as I was aware of the fact that I was under Security Screening. I cannot comment on your specific situation. My advice, order for the standard GCMS notes at first; provides plenty of information. If you find that you are indeed in Security Screening then order CBSA notes after a gap of a few months.
Hope this helps.
Good luck
Thank you so much sir for your guidance and as you advised i am going to order gcms first to check if i am under security screening or not and if its the case then i will opt for the cbsa notes .thank you again sir

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Can we order gcms notes if we are under the 12 month processing time for our application
Yes you can. I requested after 4 month processing.

Rajputkaushal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
Thanks and what is the procedure of ordering notes also if I have a lawyer can it only be ordered by her or can I do it aswel
If you are in canada ,you can order gcms notes by self but if that's not the case then your relative, friend or laywer can get them for you . And you have to sign a form of consent to give access to personal information of you are outside