+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

Anandhi karthikeyan

Dec 7, 2020
Hai, did you know about dependent visa for minor child visa. Because of my daughter got first ghost update on Nov 23rd but not yet received the ppr. We applied as together but I got approved for open work permit. Please let know the time line for TRV dependent visa (child). Coming Jan 24th her medical examination will be expired. We just waiting from March 2020.

anwar_aj

Dec 3, 2019
Hai, did you know about dependent visa for minor child visa. Because of my daughter got first ghost update on Nov 23rd but not yet received the ppr. We applied as together but I got approved for open work permit. Please let know the time line for TRV dependent visa (child). Coming Jan 24th her medical examination will be expired. We just waiting from March 2020.
Hi Anandhi,

How long did you work permit application take to get approved? Did you have to give biometrics as well for it?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
You must be kidding, no news even for people submitted oct-dec 2019
To be fair there are several people which applied after April 2020 which received PPR or PR already, so it is actually a good question.
That said, I'm February 2020 and no news here (GCMS notes ordered and overdue, eligibility allegedly passed in March, criminality in progress since then).

EropbI4

May 29, 2020
To be fair there are several people which applied after April 2020 which received PPR or PR already, so it is actually a good question.
That said, I'm February 2020 and no news here (GCMS notes ordered and overdue, eligibility allegedly passed in March, criminality in progress since then).
Yes, but these people are exception rather than common practice, the vast majority is still waiting.

Reactions: Namta1828

AmalDreams

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Alot of inland candidates are getting COPR. So i guess the offices are working. They just arent working on outland applications.

artismelb

Jun 5, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 5241
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Alot of inland candidates are getting COPR. So i guess the offices are working. They just arent working on outland applications.
I am inland. AOR November 2019, and haven't gotten no COPR... and I have seen a bunch of outlands get PPR... sooooo I dont think anything is making sense. There is no real order? On GCMS notes, my application was approved since April 2020, but no email, no notification online, no nothing.. I found out on GCMS notes. I have sent webforms, called IRCC... everything. VO is Ottawa. The uncertainty is frustrating. I am so tired of waiting. Any inlands out there waiting for over a year?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
I am inland. AOR November 2019, and haven't gotten no COPR... and I have seen a bunch of outlands get PPR... sooooo I dont think anything is making sense. There is no real order? On GCMS notes, my application was approved since April 2020, but no email, no notification online, no nothing.. I found out on GCMS notes. I have sent webforms, called IRCC... everything. VO is Ottawa. The uncertainty is frustrating. I am so tired of waiting. Any inlands out there waiting for over a year?
There is no order, no logic and no sense, I think we all agree on that.

Mp298

Sep 30, 2019
Yup... 29 months and still waiting!!

Reactions: Rajinder1234

vamish14

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Need help..
The passport of my son is getting expired on 18th May 2021 and i need to apply for the bridging open work permit due to delay in getting PR processing done, what should be the "Duration of Expected Study" I enter, any suggestion please. should I get his passport renew and then apply for my bridging open work permit and his study permit along with my application.

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
All VOs seem to be issuing PPRs at some capacity- except Ottawa.
Wondering..are all the PRs issued outside for Students or Family Reunification?

Samyu

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hi Anandhi,

Even I am in a similar situation. My husband got his SOWP PPR on January 6th but my daughter did not get any approval.. Please post here if your daughter gets any update on her profile